AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a Denon AVR-3808CI, which is XM-Ready, and an XM-mini-tuner with external antenna. The system works well, but channel tuning is a real pain with the remotes.

I have been looking for a replacement receiver from Denon, but none of them are XM-ready anymore - only Sirius-Ready! Ditto Sony, and now even Yamaha? Can anyone explain why there are fewer XM-ready receivers on the market these days? I'm baffled, since XM is still well represented in the consumer marketplace.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I don't believe that's true. Sirius and XM systems are incompatible and use a different interface to connect to receivers. Sirius XM doesn't seem to have done anyting to make their two systems more compatible, and my guess is that recievers don't support XM radio any more because that's the way they want it.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
I have an ht pre/pro (Integra dhc-80.1) that has an ethernet connection to access pandora sirius/xm etc. You have to subscribe to the web based option to access it , my integra had a built in satellite tuner. There may be a receiver that has the same function

1 - 4 of 4 Posts