AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey XM fans,

I have two "XM ready" devices. One is my Marantz AVR and the other is our 2007 Honda Odyssey. I called two Honda dealers and it seems that it will cost 600.00+ to go from "ready" to "usable" XM radio. Are any of the portable type XM tuners shown on the XM site usable as a workaround (cheaper) than going the dealer route and the high cost? Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
185 Posts
I also have a 2007 Odyssey. The 'XM Ready' only means there is an in-place connection to input an XM radio. The 600+ is obviouosly for the radio, antenna and installation. Getting a portable radio still leaves you with the issue of connecting it to the XM input in the van. You'd need a separate cable that connects to the radio in addition to the portable. You may also need a power source if the cable doesn't supply one. These adapters run about $125-150 and you'd still need to take apart the dash area to installl it. I've seen the entire XM package online for as low as $250, but installation requires of bit of dismantling of the dashboard to install the lines for the antenna and the input cable. After researching this, I decided not to bother with Xm. Not worth the price to me.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've pretty much come to the same conclusion, although I wouldn't mind checking into the 250.00 package you are referring to. Can you link me to that? Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts