AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Polk audio is supposed to be making one, don't know if its in production, then there is the ADA Tune Suite, and also ADA's 24 channel receiver has one built in. The kenwood is actually a Sirius tuner, not XM I think.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Yeah the Kenwood is a Sirius tuner, I just recieved mine 2 days ago. Still trying to get a signal through the window. Guess I'll have to put an antenna outside.

Boooo :D

·
Registered
275 Posts
Yes. Polk will be coming up with a home XM tuner in a "component" housing. They call it the XM Reference Tuner (XRt12), and as the name implies it uses top-shelf components such as Burr-Brown DACs. It comes with toslink and SPDIF digital outputs, and a composite video output to display metadata to your TV.

It's supposed to come out around late November at around $300.

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by memnoch2
Yes. Polk will be coming up with a home XM tuner in a "component" housing. They call it the XM Reference Tuner (XRt12), and as the name implies it uses top-shelf components such as Burr-Brown DACs. It comes with toslink and SPDIF digital outputs, and a composite video output to display metadata to your TV.

It's supposed to come out around late November at around $300.
... and I'll be in line for this product for sure.

Love the XM in our Caddy...

All the best...

mls

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
You might be able to garner some opinions on the Polk XM tuner over at clubpol.polkaudio.com. There was a Polk gathering on the east coast about a week or two ago. A couple of the guys from Polk were able to attend and they brought the XM tuner with them. I believe they gave it away as a door prize as well. Polk is also accepting preorders on their website, for $299 (MSRP $329).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.