AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tried everything I can think of to get my XCard to work. I have completely stripped my PC down to the base OS and video drivers by reinstalling XP Media Center Edition, and the ATI Catalyst drivers for my Radeon 9700. I have installed the drivers that were provided with my XCard, and I have installed the 2.0 Beta drivers. I have an ASUS P4C800 motherboard with a 2.8Ghz P4 with the 800 MHZ FSB, and I have the latest ASUS bios installed. No matter what I do as soon as I start XMP the small slash screen displays for about 10 seconds, and them my PC screen goes black and the PC reboots. I am at a total loss what else to do other than either replace the XCard or the Motherboard. Prior to removing everything but the XCard and the Radeon 9700, I had a number of other cards installed, and I did not see any problems with any other hardware / software so I don't tend to believe it is my motherboard. I have also tried the Xcard in several slots. I even had someone suggest my power supply was the culprit. While I did not see how I could be out of power based on my calculations of current draw, I did go out an get a new Antec 400 watt power supply just to make sure. I also have moved my motherboard to a new chassis and with a 3rd Antec power supply and the failures still occur in the new chassis with a third power supply.

I am at my wits end, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bryan

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.