AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone been able to do the own comparison between the xp-30 and rp-91.

I find it surprising that Secrets recomend the xp-30 over the rp91 considering the price difference,and they are from the same manufacturer.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Did you see why the XP-30 was recommended? It passed all but one test. Thing I like about secrets is their pass/fail criteria. I don't care about what they think looks good or bad, they just lay it down as pass or fail. Plain and simple.

·
Banned
3,539 Posts
The RP91 has the old Genesis de-interlacer which has a poor video mode. The Xp30 has the top-rated Faroudja de-interlacer. No wonder the XP30 beats the Rp91 as a progressive mode player. In Interlaced mode the RP91 is fine.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by cybermaniac
has anyone been able to do the own comparison between the xp-30 and rp-91.

I find it surprising that Secrets recomend the xp-30 over the rp91 considering the price difference,and they are from the same manufacturer.
The actual selling prices between XP30 and RP91 were close few months ago at Crutchfield: XP30: US$199 and RP91: US$299. I know, we are in Canada; we always have to pay more for the same product.

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
I have both players.

The RP91 does pretty good on most Hollywood big releases, but not so great deinterlacing on anything video based. I do love it's scaling for 4:3 discs, so I keep it around.

95% of the time, the players look the same to me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.