Discussion Starter #1
As above really...

The WDM I used off TV-Cards.com is odd.

T.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyway I got it to work with the hacked Brooktree Win2000 drivers. Took a bit of jiggery pokery but dScaler has never looked better IMO...

T.

·
Registered
207 Posts
No. You are not wrong. Dscaler doesn't care what drivers you have installed for other applications.

I have a Pinnacle card. In preparation for upgrading to WinXP, I uninstalled all of the Pinnacle apps, including the drivers. After my upgrade, when I checked the device manager, sure enough - I had question marks in the "Sound & Video devices" category for the Pinnacle card - no drivers. But Dscaler still worked like a champ.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Well...you don't need drivers for dscaler to run...however in some cases you need to install drivers in XP in order for the card to be recognised by dscaler and run. Essentially you are not using the drivers, but you needed to install them to get the functionality.

There was a thread about this a couple of weeks ago.

If you do need WDM drivers that work try the ones at iulab.com. I haven't had any trouble with them.

cheers

EAS

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Thanks for the link, bbq. I had not seen those before. Does anybody know Eduardo? Does he hang around here? I haven't seen his name on the DScaler mailing list and it appears that at least a small portion of the code comes from an older version of DScaler.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.