AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Boy did I screw up. The MDP-120 was doing fine recording and playing until I upgraded to version 1.62.2u. Now it hangs XP when I try to play a recording. I have FPM (?) set to one which is suppose to mean run as before. My system is a hand built AMD 2.4, mb Abit KD7 Via KT400-8235 chipset and 1 gb of memory.

I'll scan this thread again for the umteenth time to see if this problem happened to anybody else but in the mean time maybe someone has some input. I'll probably set FPM to zero, auto I think. If that doesn't work I plan on uninstalling everything and reinstall the code from the CD that came with the card.

Oh yeah, it destroyed, lost the play list from the recordings but the tp files are still there. So how do I reincorporate those files into the/a playlist?

Allen D. Bates

·
Registered
43 Posts
First thing that comes to my mind is to use the system restore function and roll back to before you upgraded. At least that should get the playlists back which would be better than rolling back the driver. Then you can back the playlists up and restore back if needed. You should always set a restore point before doing any upgrades or driver changes in XP IMHO. Saved my hiney many times.

Another thing for future consideration IMHO is to create a XP dual boot as I do and use that as a testbed before installing in my main boot of XP. I use this philosphy to test software, hardware tweaks, and driver tests before I accept it into my primary boot of XP. It allows me to do a FULL evaluation of the software or hardware changes. Food for thought although it probably doesn't ease the pain you are feeling now.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now that you mentioned it XP automatically (at least on my machine) creates a restore point when I click INSTALL UNAUTHORIZED DRIVER ANYWAY. Or whatever that button was. But I don't know if the XP hang is caused by the MDP-120 driver or the MYHD application. XP can easily roll back the driver, maybe I should try that first when I get home. Then if that doesn't work reinstall.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.