AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
I think that combo would be too bright and maybe wash out the picture.

------------------

Through man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world...

- Saint Arnoldus

·
Registered
733 Posts
I recently used a Toshiba LCD rated at 1800 ANSI lumens (about the same as the Sanyo once calibrated) with the Da-lite hipower and it worked great - looked like a giant direct view TV. The big difference came when the room lights were turned on - didn't wash out the picture!

If that's what you want then go for it! I would make an arrangement with the vendor so that you can return the screen for another if you don't like it, or are temporarily blinded!

Cheers,

Grant Smyth

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Grant Smyth:
I recently used a Toshiba LCD rated at 1800 ANSI lumens (about the same as the Sanyo once calibrated) with the Da-lite hipower and it worked great - looked like a giant direct view TV. The big difference came when the room lights were turned on - didn't wash out the picture!

Grant Smyth
That is why direct testing is better than assumption. Perhaps the Sanyo XP21N - High Power combination would be a good lights-on system. After all your eyes adjust to the surrounding light. The difference in light intensity between outdoors in the afternoon and indoors at night with room lighting is tremendous, but yours eyes can adjust to both. Someone should try that combination and report the results here.

By the way, why do they have to name projectors like submarines or aircraft? Why XP21N? Why not X-15? PT109? SubX47?

Christopher

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.