Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

While playing around in the service menu I've seen some very odd behaviour from my XP30 and its progressive connection with my Samsung.

The XP30 is set to "progressive" output through its normal menus.

I normally connect through comp1 and I yesterday tried reconnecting it to comp2 (480p or better) but I got "signal not supported". Strange I thought. Then I plugged it back into comp1 (480i/480p) and it worked fine. Bringing up the service menu initially looked correct for a progressive input- no FLI chipset option. However after going into a sub-menu and back out the service menu had changed to showing FLI (etc) and disabled AD9883 (etc) - so apparently it was receiving an interlaced signal. Checking the XP30's menu again showed "progressive" as the output.

So whats going on? I tried two different sets of component cables with no difference. Is there any way to ensure the panasonic XP30 is outputting progressive (or not as the case may be)?

Help!

Jonathan

·
Banned
1,647 Posts
the xp30 requires "progressive" output be set in two different setup menus.

I think there is a "setup" menu and a "video" menu. Check both.

HTH

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by MidLife
the xp30 requires "progressive" output be set in two different setup menus.

I think there is a "setup" menu and a "video" menu. Check both.

HTH
Thanks, you're right!

For anyone else in the same boat heres some info from another reply to the same problem I posted in a different forum.

Jonathan

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by ThumperBoy
So jotter, you really had the XP30 in interlaced mode all the time and you couldn't tell the difference?
Yes, it's really been in interlaced mode all the time... but its not my fault.. honest :(

The difference to what? Since I've never (apparently) ever had it run in progressive I have nothing to compare it too!

I thought it looked the same but since both my TV and the XP30 are using farjouda (sp?) FLI chipsets to do the deinterlacing I didn't pay that much attention the "lack" (read "no") difference! doh! I'm looking forward to seeing the difference now... :D

Jonathan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.