AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I just got my XPA-5 today, and man is it heavy! I thought that it would fit on the bottom shelf of my Techcraft BEL501B, but now I am second guessing that. The amp specs in at 66 lbs, and I believe that stand can hold 80 lbs per shelf, and 200 lbs on the top. I am worried that all that weight on one side of the stand might break the tempered glass shelf. Anyone have any thoughts on this? thanks

The bottom shelf is approx 5/16" thick.

·
Premium Member
8,419 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFlapjack /forum/post/18198031

Hi guys,

I just got my XPA-5 today, and man is it heavy! I thought that it would fit on the bottom shelf of my Techcraft BEL501B, but now I am second guessing that. The amp specs in at 66 lbs, and I believe that stand can hold 80 lbs per shelf, and 200 lbs on the top. I am worried that all that weight on one side of the stand might break the tempered glass shelf. Anyone have any thoughts on this? thanks

The bottom shelf is approx 5/16" thick.

Wow only 66 lbs for a 5 ch Emo amp
The XPA-2 is allot more than that.

Well the thing is the amp will be stationary, it wouldn't be rocking so it should be OK if you are sure about the weight constrain of your rack.

OR you can get an inexpensive amp rack from Sanos or something similar and save yourself the any worrying.

Good luck

Djoel

1 - 2 of 2 Posts