AVS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I have always used Spyder 5 with my JVC X9900 to correct Gamma+Colour and also create a 3D LUT in Display Cal which I use with madVR.

I know longer own the Spyder 5 and a good friend of mine has recommended I buy the i1 Display Pro instead. So I have purchased the i1 Display Pro and I whilst I am able to carry out readings to create a DCI-P3, 3D LUT I would really like to also use it first to correct the Gamma and the Colour of my X9900.

I know it's not officially supported but I have read that there is a patch for this to work. I have followed the guidance on this tutorial (http://www.hifi-forum.de/viewthread-94-15592.html) and I have patched the AutoCal software and the i1Test file recognises the i1 Display Pro meter and when I fire up JVC AutoCAL it gives me the option for Spyder 5 or the iDisplay Pro2 but not the i1 Display Pro.

Does anyone know how to get this working? In terms of do I select Spyder 5 when carrying out this calibration and how do I place the meter ? Facing the Projector or the screen? What distances?

I would really appreciate any help and guidance.

Thank you.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Hi,

with the patch, the i1 Display Pro acts like it is a Spyder 5. So in Autocal, you still select Spyder 5.
You place the i1 Display facing the screen. And you may try your usual distance to the screen. In my case this worked fine.

Reactions: mkohman

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

with the patch, the i1 Display Pro acts like it is a Spyder 5. So in Autocal, you still select Spyder 5.
You place the i1 Display facing the screen. And you may try your usual distance to the screen. In my case this worked fine.
Hi there, sorry for the late reply and thank you for your message :) I actually got this working shortly after my post with great results :)

Would you say this is a necessary step to carry out every 300 hrs on the bulb? Thanks.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Would you say this is a necessary step to carry out every 300 hrs on the bulb? Thanks.
All my JVC projectors began to drift after about 3 months (from their production) and stopped in the next 3-9 months. Some people reported that their unit began to drift back after some time. But that never happened to mine.
I would check it twice a year or if you suspect something may not be right (image looks flat etc...).

Reactions: mkohman

·
Registered
9,316 Posts
Hi there, sorry for the late reply and thank you for your message :) I actually got this working shortly after my post with great results :)

You can run Autocal in the Log Only mode to check that there has been no noticeable drifts since the previous calibration.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All my JVC projectors began to drift after about 3 months (from their production) and stopped in the next 3-9 months. Some people reported that their unit began to drift back after some time. But that never happened to mine.
I would check it twice a year or if you suspect something may not be right (image looks flat etc...).

Thank you :)

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You can run Autocal in the Log Only mode to check that there has been no noticeable drifts since the previous calibration.

Thank you Dom, that's actually what I did initially and noticed there was a drift which after full gamma and colour completely eliminated it :) Really pleased with the sensor!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello everybody!
Is it possible to use the Xrite i1 with old JVC Auto Calibration V5, if you apply the patch from (hifi-forum.de/viewthread-94-15592.html)?

·
Registered
188 Posts
I'm also interested in picking up a colorimeter to calibrate my X790R, if I could use the i1DisplayPro for the JVC autocal feature with this patch, it would be an easy choice. I'll second the question... is there an English language version for the patch?

·
Registered
9,316 Posts
I'm also interested in picking up a colorimeter to calibrate my X790R, if I could use the i1DisplayPro for the JVC autocal feature with this patch, it would be an easy choice. I'll second the question... is there an English language version for the patch?
Not sure what you mean by that. The patch is a dll file and is language-independent. Instructions are in this post:

·
Registered
188 Posts
Not sure what you mean by that. The patch is a dll file and is language-independent. Instructions are in this post:
Thanks for that. I was trying to read the instructions for the patch on the hifi.de thread. I'll definitely utilize the instructions on your thread once I get my hands on a colorimeter. Great stuff.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts