AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to know which is the best video card I could buy for my Cpu. I want to hook up my PC to a 61 HD ready Sony. Would the above card look well on that TV? I want to be able to surf the net and play some games on the tv. What programs are out, that I would need to make this work? And if I left anything out please feel free to add. Thanks so much for the help.

Lisa Space

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
Hi Imxerox:

___The Nvidia Ti 4200 – 4600 are the fastest gaming cards available hands down. The problem comes in terms of HTPC uses. This is where a simple $50.00 Radeon “LE†kicks the C*@p out of the almost 8 times as expensive Ti 4600 in particular. The overlay is displayed more accurately without much in terms of tweaking. If you’re a heavy gamer, I would not mess with your HDTV much but instead purchase an X-Box or use a std. HQ and large multi-synch PC monitor. Both solutions have to many advantages over an HTPC attached to a HD RPTV for gaming use directly IMO.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes

___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.

___ [email protected]

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just want to know what everyone else uses then. I thought that everyone or most people hook there Cpu upto their Big Screen with a video card. And which one would be best if not the one I mentioned above. Thanks.

Just to repeat: I want to be able to surf the net, so pic would have to be good if not great...reading to be done, and would play some games, but mostly for surfing the net and also photo /movie editing. If I need no matter what to also get a program to use, to make this all work together, what then would I use....Thanks so much for the help.

Lisa Space

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.