AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK a few months ago I tried to get caller ID working on my Vista Media Center boxes, much like MCE 2005 had. However I know that Vista MCE left this feature out and you have to use another program such as YAC or VistaCallerID, both of which you have a server setup with a modem that will get the incoming call and display the caller ID information.

Well try as I might I could not get this working for the life of me.

However since I recently went from one VOIP service to magic jack I decided ot try this all again.

I have tried several different modems some will display caller ID info in HyperTerm, others will not. The ones that do show CallerID info in HyperTerm will not in VistaCallerID or YAC. Nor do they seem to show it in the modem log on thier own.

Modems Tried:

USRobotics 5686E

Aopen FM56-P

Pine 3711

Gateway modem that was a lite-on brand... dont have the numbers handy

and then there was one USB USR modem that I dont have the specs handy

Going to grab one more to try tomorrow

Has anyone got a setup like this working, if so what modem are you using???? Getting this setup is just one of the little things I can get checked off my list of what I always wanted my system to do and knew it could but couldnt get it working things

I've been going at this modem thing for two days now and it's driving me batty!!!! Well that and the ripping, numbering and labeling of all my DVDs now that I have more storage

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
I have a dim recollection of some ZOOM (USB?) modems supporting it? ISTR that external USB models were more likely to work than Winmodems on PCI cards (or the other - was it AMR? - standard?)

·
Registered
797 Posts
old thread, but i just bought a 19.99 diamond multimedia supramodem off the shelf at office max and it works great. Installed the modem in Windows 7 64 bit, and windows automatically recognized it.

I had to enter this command 1 time from the command prompt to enable caller id:

@echo AT#CID=1 > COM3

which i read about here: http://www.talkingcallerid.com/CallerIDCapable.htm

1 - 6 of 6 Posts