AVS Forum banner

881 - 900 of 931 Posts

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Is this really the end? Is it not possible to do it manually?
Unfortunately not I'm afraid.

Because yaDIS is Abandonware (last modified in 2013) I chose to use yaDIS for movies only since you can't edit the TV entries manually - at least on the movies side if TMDB change their API you can easily create manual entries - It'd be a bit of a pain but at least doable.

It's a real shame v3 never came to fruition. I believe there were betas floating about back then but as I say, the poor guy lost everything in a PC crash.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Unfortunately not I'm afraid.

Because yaDIS is Abandonware (last modified in 2013) I chose to use yaDIS for movies only since you can't edit the TV entries manually - at least on the movies side if TMDB change their API you can easily create manual entries - It'd be a bit of a pain but at least doable.

It's a real shame v3 never came to fruition. I believe there were betas floating about back then but as I say, the poor guy lost everything in a PC crash.
I thought Fred only lost his work on v3 and that he still had the source code for v2?

I wonder if it would help to contact TVDb about this?

craigr

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
I thought Fred only lost his work on v3 and that he still had the source code for v2?

I wonder if it would help to contact TVDb about this?

craigr
I don't know the full story, only what I've read here and elsewhere, but I believe he lost the lot.

I think I remember reading that he moved on from Dune so would have no reason to carry on development but I may be dreaming that!

I'd love to see yaDIS maintained and would gladly pay for it - it's possibly the best scraper I've ever used for a device, but unfortunately it's just not going to happen.

It's a real shame that you can't manually enter fields for TV series as you can with Movies - I always thought that was an odd decision...

·
Registered
886 Posts
This is a fantastic way to start the day!

I'm so happy I could almost cry :crying:

Yes, thanks angel!

craigr

·
Registered
886 Posts
I'm certainly not complaining, but special episodes are having problems. For any S00Exx in a series an icon before season 1 is being created in the yaDIS GUI that is just a blank square. If you click on the blank square you have all the special episodes in there. In some ways I actually like this, but with this the episodes will not be in the correct order in their respective seasons.

Also I had to rescrape South Park from scratch and it thinks all my audio is WMA. I checked, and any newly added series get scraped and show WMA audio in the yaDIS GUI. A long time ago I changed the icon for WMA to an ATMOS icon to use in movies and manually select, but I don't think that has anything to do with it.

craigr

·
Registered
886 Posts
All right, the WMA audio error in the GUI was from me updating my MediaInfo.dll file during trouble shooting when yaDIS first went down. That's fixed, but I'm still having issues with special episodes.

Best,
craigr

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes,yes,yes a Angel has come to fix it. Thank you Angel :angel:

Not totally but it is working. I mis the banner in new series. Perhaps someone can help me out with this? I already found out :cool:
I do not get any banners or fanart, I have to do that manual. Did you find a fix for that?

·
Registered
886 Posts
I do not get any banners or fanart, I have to do that manual. Did you find a fix for that?
I'm not having any issues with banners or fanart. On one show (PJ Masks) I had to choose the fanart manually from inside the yaDIS program because the default had none, but the fan art posters were already in yaDIS. All the rest of my shows scraped fine (except special episodes) and show fanart and banners.

Maybe try deleting a show and starting over? I had already deleted all my TV shows during initial trouble shooting and had to rescrape EVERYTHING.

craigr

·
Registered
886 Posts
I thought for special episodes I could maybe make yaDIS put a "0" or "S" in the blank box for the season number. However, I cannot figure out how yaDIS creates those small square icons for the season numbers. I haven't found any icons for them... maybe it's on the code?

Best,
craigr

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm not having any issues with banners or fanart. On one show (PJ Masks) I had to choose the fanart manually from inside the yaDIS program because the default had none, but the fan art posters were already in yaDIS. All the rest of my shows scraped fine (except special episodes) and show fanart and banners.

Maybe try deleting a show and starting over? I had already deleted all my TV shows during initial trouble shooting and had to rescrape EVERYTHING.

craigr
Did not work, now I loose al the good ones I had. So, I have put them all manually now. And it is a mess.

How can I get the right ones back as fanart and banner???

·
Registered
191 Posts
I thought for special episodes I could maybe make yaDIS put a "0" or "S" in the blank box for the season number. However, I cannot figure out how yaDIS creates those small square icons for the season numbers. I haven't found any icons for them... maybe it's on the code?

Best,
craigr
For special episodes go to thetvdb.com site and see how these are presented.
During the latetest API bug I have build/edited those small season number icons using the free portable AAImageViewer.
Loaded the .aai icon. Converted to icon.jpg keeping the same size !!. Edited the season/episode number using the build-in paint app.
Loaded the icon.jpg into AImageViewer and converted back to icon.aai.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Did not work, now I loose al the good ones I had. So, I have put them all manually now. And it is a mess.

How can I get the right ones back as fanart and banner???
Same here

You are dutch as well. Maybe its because the fix for dutch users that was made a couple of years ago with the api change is due to that. Will install the original 2.3 to see if that fixes that problem...

Let you know

·
Registered
9 Posts
Same here

You are dutch as well. Maybe its because the fix for dutch users that was made a couple of years ago with the api change is due to that. Will install the original 2.3 to see if that fixes that problem...

Let you know
Well, that is indeed the problem

A couple of years ago TVDB changed the api. After that dutch users had problems with the scraper as well. Fred made a special fix for the dutch users

I installed the original Yadis 2.3 over my exicisting install [2.3 with dutch fix]. When set to dutch nothing changed. After changing the app language to English everything is like a charm Posters, banners are resolved

All descriptions are in english. NOT the ones that you already had. They remain Dutch

Hope that helps the dutch users of Yadis....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well, that is indeed the problem

A couple of years ago TVDB changed the api. After that dutch users had problems with the scraper as well. Fred made a special fix for the dutch users

I installed the original Yadis 2.3 over my exicisting install [2.3 with dutch fix]. When set to dutch nothing changed. After changing the app language to English everything is like a charm Posters, banners are resolved

All descriptions are in english. NOT the ones that you already had. They remain Dutch

Hope that helps the dutch users of Yadis....
Hi Peter,

And did you try the fix again or is it over for the Dutch?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have no banners and fanart for the new series also. But I have another problem, my dune does not play anything from my Yadis. I keep getting No such file or directory but I did export to my Dune and I can see everything on my screen but It will not play. Also does anyone know how to get rid of storage as name instead of DuneHDD. It just changed and now I cannot play anything,

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have no banners and fanart for the new series also. But I have another problem, my dune does not play anything from my Yadis. I keep getting No such file or directory but I did export to my Dune and I can see everything on my screen but It will not play. Also does anyone know how to get rid of storage as name instead of DuneHDD. It just changed and now I cannot play anything,

Are you a Dutch user as well. Do you use the dutch fix?

Download the original Yadis the and install it [no need to uninstall the version you have] Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/8f.../yaDIS_2.3.exe

Set the language to English

[in your case ] Locate the location of the Dune Interface. In the app on the top right the second button from the right pulldown menu: reset the duneinterface.
Point to the location the interface is located on youre harddrive [not the workspace]
Then delete all the series you see in the Yadis app and press the refresh button
After having done that you need to process the series again. Then you export it and hopefully everything is working again like it should.

All descriptions will be in English.

881 - 900 of 931 Posts