AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would this be a good combination in a room with complete light control on an 86" to 90" diagonal 16:9 screen. I was hoping to put the first row of seating about 10 feet from the screen. Would this combo be bad with screendoor effect at such a close viewing distance. I was also considering the Sony HS10. Being such a small screen and sitting that close would the Yahama display that much better of a picture for that much more money.I have only seen the Yahama for 5500 on the internet where as the Sony is more like 2500.Thanks:)

·
Registered
501 Posts
Look as the projector review of the Epson TW100. It is very similar to the Yahama LPX-500. You can find the review on projector central.

The Epson TW100 is significantly less than the Yahama for the same projector/quality. Yahama does not allow internet resalers to sell their machines.

The firehawk is the perfect match for the TW100 according to projector central.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
You will be sitting at 1.5x-1.6x screen width -- about the same relative viewing distance as my primary seating position. However, my screen is bigger (120" diagonal) and I use the High Power fabric.

And I am very happy with the image my LPX-500 throws under these conditions. The very bright and vivid image on the High Power has actually made the minor FPN on the Yamaha visible (only when I look for it in bright, panning scenes), and yes I am sitting close enough to see the screendoor in bright patches if I look for it. But when I am watching the movie, these artifacts do not detract me from the scenes. Of course, YMMV depending on your visual acuity and "pickiness" -- mine is 20/15 with corrective glasses.

I, too, believe that, given the modest size of your screen and assuming a good ambient light control, the Firehawk or the Da-Lite HCCV fabric would be ideal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.