AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
My guess is that WETA-HD (-DT) is just testing. They have not acknowledged on their web site that their digital antenna is operational. They have not posted a new program schedule.

Let's hope they show something NEW when they do go operational. They've shown that Japanese documentary at least five different times.

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
At 1:30 pm today, the WETA-Digital page posted an announcment that their HD channel was fully functioning.

Now the bad part: They have published a schedule that shows only two programs: JAPAN's SECRET GARDEN and THE LIVING EDENS.

Please WETA-DT!! What about Evolution, The American Family, and The Aleutians?

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
Muddy Waters (again!) last night. Nothing new posted yet on their schedule. Their new antenna is working fine, so why am I so impatient? Maybe because the rest of the country is seeing PBS' new offerings, but we in DC are still seeing the old stuff.

Patience ... patience ... give them a chance I keep reminding myself.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by dneily
Muddy Waters (again!) last night. Nothing new posted yet on their schedule. Their new antenna is working fine, so why am I so impatient? Maybe because the rest of the country is seeing PBS' new offerings, but we in DC are still seeing the old stuff.

Patience ... patience ... give them a chance I keep reminding myself.
Maybe if enough of us send them a comment/question here they'll begin to get the message. I commented along these lines right after the antenna went down and as soon as it came back up but haven't really got a response...

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
The WETA Digital Schedule is still stuck in time. Maybe they should do pledge week in high def. At least it would be new HD programming; heck, I'd watch.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Comment made to WETA.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I haven't been able to pull WETA's signal since they had their original problem. 26-1 and 26-2 show up with program info but no signal. Do I have to reset my Zenith DTV-1080 to pull the station again or what? Or are they transmitting at such a weak signal strangth that it doesn't matter.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
1. I find the signal strength a bit lower-is it me?

2. I sent an email asking for PBS HDTV programming.

Joel

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
Thanks to all of you who sent a comment to WETA about their schedule being stuck. Maybe we have some "consumer clout."

I propose as the next challenge for WETA to broadcast some of the PBS HD programs they missed. You can copy-and-paste or pick from this list:

NOVA: Life's Greatest Miracle

The Shape of Life

American Family

The Desert Speaks

The Aleutians: Cradle of the Storms

Evolution

Ocean Wilds: #102, #103, #104, #105

One World: Japan (not to be confused with Japan's Secret Garden)

Smart Travels: Genoa and the Italian Riviera

Living Edens: Ngorongoro: Africa's Cradle of Life

Taxi Dreams

The majority of these programs have appeared on the WETA "coming soon" schedule, but they never were broadcast by WETA.

Please be a "squeeky wheel" for new HD material on WETA.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by NYJerr
I haven't been able to pull WETA's signal since they had their original problem. 26-1 and 26-2 show up with program info but no signal...
It appears that WETA-DT is not transmitting PSIP channel mapping right now. So the tuning, at least on my 6000, has to be set to Chan 27, not 26. Try reacquiring or rescanning for Chan 27.

Gerald C

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My signal comes in at 27 as well. As I mentioned in another thread, my signal strength went from 68-72 before the outage, to 81-85 now. Strange.

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
Thanks to everyone who send comments to WETA. They've paid off. The WETA-DT web page just posted a new schedule, with at least two never-before-seen programs. The new programs in June and July are:

Thomas Eakins (painter)

Rediscovering George Washington

There also is a program about Mary Cassatt which may be a repeat, but if so, has only aired once if I'm not mistaken. :)

·
Registered
824 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by dneily
Thanks to everyone who send comments to WETA. :)
It would be nice to believe in cause and effect! I'd still like to see things besides the looped shows. Although...this week's Sahara thing is really good...

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
I agree about Sahara. It is one of the best of the best PBS HD shows. However, I think this is the third or fourth time it has been broadcast.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.