AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 310 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any word on the 2010 lineup from Yamaha? HDMI 1.4? DPLIIz? Pre/Pro combo? Wireless Zone 2/3? Anything?

I have an old RXV-2400 I am looking to upgrade. The wait is killing me.

·
Registered
426 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lean Mfg. /forum/post/18172694

Any word on the 2010 lineup from Yamaha? HDMI 1.4? DPLIIz? Pre/Pro combo? Wireless Zone 2/3? Anything?

I agree this is ridiculous!! Historically it seems to be normally done in February. I am just hoping the new ones will push the price of the old stock down.

·
Registered
3,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lean Mfg. /forum/post/18172694

A French website [possibly/probably only repeating rumors?] seems to identify the [European market] 2010 entry/mid-priced models as including: RX-V367 (HTR-3063), RX-V467 (HTR-4063), RX-V567 (HTR-5063), and RX-V767.

[Which is not much of a surprise if Yamaha wanted to avoid the possibility of a model numbered '666'...?!
]

ADDENDUM2: CSA Certifications for Yamaha include models: RX-V467, RX-V567, RX-V667, RX-V767, and HTR-4063, HTR-5063, HTR-6063, HTR-7063.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Anyone looking to upgrade a Yamaha to a 2009 model can get a fantastic deal on a RX-Z11 if you act quickly. There are only a few left at authorized dealers. I bought one six weeks ago and am very happy. Original list was $5499. Send me a pm for the price. Bill

·
Registered
426 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billeickmann /forum/post/18278937

Anyone looking to upgrade a Yamaha to a 2009 model can get a fantastic deal on a RX-Z11 if you act quickly. There are only a few left at authorized dealers. I bought one six weeks ago and am very happy. Original list was $5499. Send me a pm for the price. Bill

Good grief that is about what I bought my car for. Any chance you getting rid of the mid level yamaha receivers like the V665

·
Registered
2,135 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundChex /forum/post/18278815

Which is not much of a surprise if Yamaha wanted to avoid the possibility of a model numbered '666'...?!

Yamaha has been only on "odd" numbers for the "triple-digit" lines for a few years.

·
Registered
3,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboRay /forum/post/18281814

Yamaha has been only on "odd" numbers for the "triple-digit" lines for a few years.

I guess Yamaha has planned ahead so that in two years they might 'jump over' the already-existing RX-Vx70 model numbers!

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
The receiver listing on Yamaha's website has been 'cleaned up' to remove all 'prior year' entry/mid-priced models (RX-Vx63, and HTR-61xx) - except for the RX-V863 (for which there was no corresponding '8' model in the 'current year' RX-Vx65 product line).

·
Registered
6,999 Posts
Looks they may announce something soon, but according to this post in another thread the new models might not be shipping until September. Hopefully they are taking the time to get it right, because the x65 series didn't get me excited at all.

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
"Yamaha introduces three new entry-level AV receivers: RX-V367, RX-V467 and RX-V567 ."

"A further five new models in the series is to be expected during the year."

"Delivery Start: April-May." Hopefully not just in Sweden!

Pointer to [European] RX-V567 NPB . The RX-V567's rear connector positioning layout appears 'based on' that of the prior year model RX-V665.

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
Looks like more meh, from Yamaha, at least on first glance. Unless HDMI 1.4 excites you.

Thankfully I bought their last interesting receiver. And it should last me quite some time. Not like I can afford another expensive receiver anytime soon. I have considered replacing all my front speakers so they are matched with respect to timbre.

·
Registered
6,999 Posts
Nothing interesting there, but I'm not looking at the low end anyway. I still think there will be something new at the top end after they sold off the Z11s at less than half the original price.

·
Registered
3,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriktsemaj99 /forum/post/18333408

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundChex /forum/post/18332145

"Yamaha introduces three new entry-level AV receivers: RX-V367, RX-V467 and RX-V567 ."

"A further five new models in the series is to be expected during the year."

"Delivery Start: April-May." Hopefully not just in Sweden!

Nothing interesting there, but I'm not looking at the low end anyway. I still think there will be something new at the top end after they sold off the Z11s at less than half the original price.

I guess we would expect the five [hinted] replacements to be for existing 'European' models 765/1065/2065 and 1900/3900 (with the possibility of a new model RX-V667 in the US and other select markets...)

But somehow I think a replacement for the RX-Z11 will depend on when the rumored dts 11.x surround system is available to Yamaha...?!

·
Registered
6,999 Posts
From the 567 NPB, there are only a few minor improvements over the 565:
  • Real binding posts for all speakers
  • An S-video input
  • "Input selection during HDMI Standby Through" - suggests you can now use your awesome TV speakers for multiple sources instead of just one!
  • "Auto power down function" - for the absent minded

The fact that 3D video is supported only with a firmware update might just mean they had no 3D sources to test with so they just put in last year's software for now.

·
Registered
3,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriktsemaj99 /forum/post/18373873

From the 567 NPB, there are only a few minor improvements over the 565:
  • . . .
  • An S-video input
  • . . .

The NPB is for a European/General 567 model. European low/mid priced x65 models had S-Video ports, even though the US & Canadian low/mid priced x65 models did not. I'm guessing the US & Canadian 567 models will continue to omit the S-Video port.

·
Registered
6,999 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundChex /forum/post/18374066

The NPB is for a European/General 567 model. European low/mid priced x65 models had S-Video ports, even though the US & Canadian low/mid priced x65 models did not. I'm guessing the US & Canadian 567 models will continue to omit the S-Video port.

Good point. They certainly didn't improve the inputs much if at all, and the x65's got quite a lot of criticism for that. Overall it seems they tried to do the absolute minimum R&D this year at the low end, although maybe it's because all their effort went into a 3067 and possibly even a 4067?

·
Registered
3,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriktsemaj99 /forum/post/18374300

Good point. They certainly didn't improve the inputs much if at all, and the x65's got quite a lot of criticism for that. Overall it seems they tried to do the absolute minimum R&D this year at the low end, although maybe it's because all their effort went into a 3067 and possibly even a 4067?

Actually, it looks like the 567 has inherited the basic electronics from the 665/765[/1065/2065] models (my guess from the CSA Certifications is that the 467 will be similar...) which is not such a bad deal at that price point. The 567 does include HDMI 1.4 and 3D, but the 5xx is only a [basic] 7.1 AVR without height speakers, so I'm not sure how much more we could have expected -- certainly not DPLIIz! So Yamaha will likely stay competitive at the low price end.

The 6xx/7xx and above models have 'always' included Yamaha's proprietary 'Presence' [Front Height] processing . . . now with competition from DPLIIz and DSX. Yamaha has touted itself as the market leader in 3D-audio-DSP; we'll just have to wait to see what tricks they unveil this year that will let them continue to lay claim to that title...?!

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
Why not another receiver in the mold of the RX-V659? A receiver with a basic feature set, but excellent power.

Unfortunately, how do you market that?

I admit I miss the old 6xx series which Yamaha did so well with the 657 (which I still own,) and the 659. The insane speed of "progress" may prevent reasonably priced and powered receivers.

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
Pointer to [European] RX-V467 NPB . As with the Rx-V567, the RX-V467's rear connector positioning layout appears 'based on' that of the prior year model RX-V665.

1 - 20 of 310 Posts