AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 310 Posts

· Registered
435 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lean Mfg. /forum/post/18172694

Any word on the 2010 lineup from Yamaha? HDMI 1.4? DPLIIz? Pre/Pro combo? Wireless Zone 2/3? Anything?

I have an old RXV-2400 I am looking to upgrade. The wait is killing me.

I agree this is ridiculous!! Historically it seems to be normally done in February. I am just hoping the new ones will push the price of the old stock down.

· Registered
3,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lean Mfg. /forum/post/18172694

Any word on the 2010 lineup from Yamaha? HDMI 1.4? DPLIIz? Pre/Pro combo? Wireless Zone 2/3? Anything?

I have an old RXV-2400 I am looking to upgrade. The wait is killing me.
A French website [possibly/probably only repeating rumors?] seems to identify the [European market] 2010 entry/mid-priced models as including: RX-V367 (HTR-3063), RX-V467 (HTR-4063), RX-V567 (HTR-5063), and RX-V767.

[Which is not much of a surprise if Yamaha wanted to avoid the possibility of a model numbered '666'...?!
]

ADDENDUM2: CSA Certifications for Yamaha include models: RX-V467, RX-V567, RX-V667, RX-V767, and HTR-4063, HTR-5063, HTR-6063, HTR-7063.

· Registered
65 Posts
Anyone looking to upgrade a Yamaha to a 2009 model can get a fantastic deal on a RX-Z11 if you act quickly. There are only a few left at authorized dealers. I bought one six weeks ago and am very happy. Original list was $5499. Send me a pm for the price. Bill

· Registered
435 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billeickmann /forum/post/18278937

Anyone looking to upgrade a Yamaha to a 2009 model can get a fantastic deal on a RX-Z11 if you act quickly. There are only a few left at authorized dealers. I bought one six weeks ago and am very happy. Original list was $5499. Send me a pm for the price. Bill

Good grief that is about what I bought my car for. Any chance you getting rid of the mid level yamaha receivers like the V665

· Registered
3,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboRay /forum/post/18281814

Yamaha has been only on "odd" numbers for the "triple-digit" lines for a few years.

I guess Yamaha has planned ahead so that in two years they might 'jump over' the already-existing RX-Vx70 model numbers!

· Registered
3,395 Posts
The receiver listing on Yamaha's website has been 'cleaned up' to remove all 'prior year' entry/mid-priced models (RX-Vx63, and HTR-61xx) - except for the RX-V863 (for which there was no corresponding '8' model in the 'current year' RX-Vx65 product line).

· Registered
3,395 Posts
"Yamaha introduces three new entry-level AV receivers: RX-V367, RX-V467 and RX-V567 ."

"A further five new models in the series is to be expected during the year."

"Delivery Start: April-May." Hopefully not just in Sweden!

Pointer to [European] RX-V567 NPB . The RX-V567's rear connector positioning layout appears 'based on' that of the prior year model RX-V665.

· Registered
18,923 Posts
Looks like more meh, from Yamaha, at least on first glance. Unless HDMI 1.4 excites you.

Thankfully I bought their last interesting receiver. And it should last me quite some time. Not like I can afford another expensive receiver anytime soon. I have considered replacing all my front speakers so they are matched with respect to timbre.

· Registered
3,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriktsemaj99 /forum/post/18333408

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundChex /forum/post/18332145

"Yamaha introduces three new entry-level AV receivers: RX-V367, RX-V467 and RX-V567 ."

"A further five new models in the series is to be expected during the year."

"Delivery Start: April-May." Hopefully not just in Sweden!

Nothing interesting there, but I'm not looking at the low end anyway. I still think there will be something new at the top end after they sold off the Z11s at less than half the original price.

I guess we would expect the five [hinted] replacements to be for existing 'European' models 765/1065/2065 and 1900/3900 (with the possibility of a new model RX-V667 in the US and other select markets...)

But somehow I think a replacement for the RX-Z11 will depend on when the rumored dts 11.x surround system is available to Yamaha...?!

· Registered
7,021 Posts
From the 567 NPB, there are only a few minor improvements over the 565:
  • Real binding posts for all speakers
  • An S-video input
  • "Input selection during HDMI Standby Through" - suggests you can now use your awesome TV speakers for multiple sources instead of just one!
  • "Auto power down function" - for the absent minded

The fact that 3D video is supported only with a firmware update might just mean they had no 3D sources to test with so they just put in last year's software for now.

· Registered
3,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriktsemaj99 /forum/post/18373873

From the 567 NPB, there are only a few minor improvements over the 565:
  • . . .
  • An S-video input
  • . . .

The NPB is for a European/General 567 model. European low/mid priced x65 models had S-Video ports, even though the US & Canadian low/mid priced x65 models did not. I'm guessing the US & Canadian 567 models will continue to omit the S-Video port.

· Registered
7,021 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundChex /forum/post/18374066

The NPB is for a European/General 567 model. European low/mid priced x65 models had S-Video ports, even though the US & Canadian low/mid priced x65 models did not. I'm guessing the US & Canadian 567 models will continue to omit the S-Video port.

Good point. They certainly didn't improve the inputs much if at all, and the x65's got quite a lot of criticism for that. Overall it seems they tried to do the absolute minimum R&D this year at the low end, although maybe it's because all their effort went into a 3067 and possibly even a 4067?

· Registered
3,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriktsemaj99 /forum/post/18374300

Good point. They certainly didn't improve the inputs much if at all, and the x65's got quite a lot of criticism for that. Overall it seems they tried to do the absolute minimum R&D this year at the low end, although maybe it's because all their effort went into a 3067 and possibly even a 4067?

Actually, it looks like the 567 has inherited the basic electronics from the 665/765[/1065/2065] models (my guess from the CSA Certifications is that the 467 will be similar...) which is not such a bad deal at that price point. The 567 does include HDMI 1.4 and 3D, but the 5xx is only a [basic] 7.1 AVR without height speakers, so I'm not sure how much more we could have expected -- certainly not DPLIIz! So Yamaha will likely stay competitive at the low price end.

The 6xx/7xx and above models have 'always' included Yamaha's proprietary 'Presence' [Front Height] processing . . . now with competition from DPLIIz and DSX. Yamaha has touted itself as the market leader in 3D-audio-DSP; we'll just have to wait to see what tricks they unveil this year that will let them continue to lay claim to that title...?!

· Registered
18,923 Posts
Why not another receiver in the mold of the RX-V659? A receiver with a basic feature set, but excellent power.

Unfortunately, how do you market that?

I admit I miss the old 6xx series which Yamaha did so well with the 657 (which I still own,) and the 659. The insane speed of "progress" may prevent reasonably priced and powered receivers.

· Registered
3,395 Posts
Pointer to [European] RX-V467 NPB . As with the Rx-V567, the RX-V467's rear connector positioning layout appears 'based on' that of the prior year model RX-V665.

1 - 20 of 310 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.