AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently started investigating this receiver as an alternative to the Onkyo 801 and Denon 3803/3805. The one detailed review that I read mentioned bass management capabilities, even when playing back SACD or DVD-A. Granted, the BM feature required A/D and D/A conversions on analog signals, but it see,s to me that this receiver has essentially replaced a seperate bass management unit that many hi-res audio fans have.

Does this receiver then truly lessen the need for full-range speakers? The review mentioned a low noise floor even with the extra conversions. Not that I'm saying I'd definitely forego towers for my mains (although MAYBE I would), but perhaps my ideal of 7 towers isn't such a big deal if I go with this receiver?

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Harman Kardon has had a similar feature on most of their receivers for a while now. The biggest advantage to this is that for hi-rez music, you can have proper bass management to your subwoofer without having to buy an Outlaw ICBM.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Where did you see this review? Can you post the link?

I know that the RX-V2400 allows you to adjust speaker levels but I was unaware that it could apply BM to analog inputs. I personally own an RX-V2400 and I'm pretty confident you can't do this. In fact, I think the only sub $1k receivers that offer this are the HK 525, HK 630 and HK 7200.

It is also rumored that the RX-V2400 can apply the room Eq to the analog inputs but I even have a hard time believing this. On the flip side, I have found DVD-A to sound great even surpassing DTS 96/24 tracks that I can apply BM to.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.