AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys got a couple of questions for you.

On the Yamaha 2600 do you know if the hdmi in ports accepts the digital audio and what kind of up-scaler does it has. And the most important question is keep the pioneer 1015 or upgrade to the 2600. now i know the 2600 does not have the new surround formats, in which i do not care for right now, but would you call this and upgrade or a lateral move? Also can the pioneer 1015's mic for the mcacc will it work with the yamaha 2600's ypao? I do not want the new 663 and 863 yamaha or the 1018 from pioneer. I want to have the same features that my 1015 has and get them on a yamaha. and the 2600 suite my needs.

·
Registered
273 Posts
The RX-V2600 will only upscale analog video to HDMI 1080i or 720p. It won't do 1080p, and it won't up-convert HDMI 480p or 720p to 1080i.

The unit does accept HDMI digital audio, but only supports Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS 1.5 Mbps maximum over HDMI.

The microphone that ships with the Pioneer for MCACC won't provide the same gain and frequency response curve as the Yamaha mic, and consequently cannot be trusted for YPAO use. The microphones that come with these receivers are matched and calibrated to work together. If the RX-V2600 you're looking at doesn't have the included mic with it, then you'll need to order one from Yamaha spares.

The Pioneer 1015 > Yamaha RX-V2600 isn't much of a technology upgrade, but I do think the Yamaha is more powerful, has more DSP options, and might handle the DD 5.1/DTS + DSP combinations with a little more finesse.

The RX-V2600 DOES have a 8-channel analog multi-channel input. This would give it full compatibility with the new HD audio, if you bought a Blu-Ray player with 7.1 analog outputs (most don't have more than 5.1, but a few do).

The "replacement" for the RX-V2600 in the new world is probably the RX-V1800.

Greg

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammong /forum/post/14315547

The RX-V2600 will only upscale analog video to HDMI 1080i or 720p. It won't do 1080p, and it won't up-convert HDMI 480p or 720p to 1080i.

The unit does accept HDMI digital audio, but only supports Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS 1.5 Mbps maximum over HDMI.

The microphone that ships with the Pioneer for MCACC won't provide the same gain and frequency response curve as the Yamaha mic, and consequently cannot be trusted for YPAO use. The microphones that come with these receivers are matched and calibrated to work together. If the RX-V2600 you're looking at doesn't have the included mic with it, then you'll need to order one from Yamaha spares.

The Pioneer 1015 > Yamaha RX-V2600 isn't much of a technology upgrade, but I do think the Yamaha is more powerful, has more DSP options, and might handle the DD 5.1/DTS + DSP combinations with a little more finesse.

The RX-V2600 DOES have a 8-channel analog multi-channel input. This would give it full compatibility with the new HD audio, if you bought a Blu-Ray player with 7.1 analog outputs (most don't have more than 5.1, but a few do).

The "replacement" for the RX-V2600 in the new world is probably the RX-V1800.

Greg

thank you sooo much for the quick reply!! I honestly think that the 2600 will be just fine. I cant wait to get it!

·
Registered
529 Posts
I've had the V2600 for a while now. I think it's a great AVR and my only complaint is that it doesn't pass 1080p. I have to split hdmi out of my Blu Ray and send one to the V2600 and 1 cable to the TV for video.

Dale

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
The 2700 did address the shortcomings of the 2600's HDMI capabilities. I also don't know about it's ability to apply DPL IIx to HDMI/MCPM which the 2700 can do.

But if you are getting a screaming deal, go for it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts