AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got an open box yamaha 5750 for dirt dirt cheap. It didn't come with a remote...any ideas of a reasonable cheap remote I can use instead?

I also have a palm (z71) and was trying to figure out the remote control software for that to see if it will work (omniremote)...

any ideas for a good cheap remote? Oh I have some bestbuy certificates I'm trying to use...

·
Registered
17 Posts
The only problem is that the remotes for the yamaha (and most others) receivers are very specialized, and all of the fine tuning takes some unique button presses. If you can find a used 5750 remote (I couldn't find one on ebay), then i would try to do that. Some of the higher end universal remotes (not cheap) will work OK, like the harmony's so you can download all the buttons off the internet, but this will not make the initial set-up of your receiver any easier. That's all that I can think of, anybody else?

·
Registered
748 Posts
There are two sites I've seen before that specialize in selling direct replacement remotes for the originals. Replacementremotes.com and remotes.com

Give them a try

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I looked at remotes.com and they had them for $90 !!

It is supposedly the rav250.

I guess I just might try some random universal remote and see if it works ok.

Anyone have anyidea if my palm might work with it? I searched a lot last night but couldn't figure out a way to get it to work-I need the original to program it...

I did find some jp1 stuff I think??? I'm pretty hazy on the whole topic but I think I found some file for the htr-5750 at maybe? I'm pretty confused on this topic though...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.