AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time poster... How do I send the audio of whatever I'm listeneing to/watching (TV, SAT, CD, DVD, Radio, etc...) to a set of wireless speakers I have outside? In my old setup with a Sony AVR, I would plug the L/R RCA from the RECOTON wirelss sender/antenna to the TAPE MONITOR outputs of the Sony AVR. That way, no matter what I was listening to, the wireless speakers would pump out that sound. I tried hooking up the same way to the MD/CD-R Outs or the Zone 2 outs, no sound. I can tell that the RECOTON wirelss sender/antenna is not getting any sound because there is a red light that turns on when it is sending/receiving sound. I have troubleshooted that there are no power or connectivity issues. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
191 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by iturrija /forum/post/14173249

First time poster... How do I send the audio of whatever I'm listeneing to/watching (TV, SAT, CD, DVD, Radio, etc...) to a set of wireless speakers I have outside? In my old setup with a Sony AVR, I would plug the L/R RCA from the RECOTON wirelss sender/antenna to the TAPE MONITOR outputs of the Sony AVR. That way, no matter what I was listening to, the wireless speakers would pump out that sound. I tried hooking up the same way to the MD/CD-R Outs or the Zone 2 outs, no sound.

hook it up to the front pre-outs.

you should also be able to use the md/cd-r outs but probably have to enable output on that before it sends any signal.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looked at the yammy manual, it seems to show that audio conversion does not happen amongst the sources. So, I mostly have the HD SAT box as my source, either for TV watching or music listening, and that is connected to the AVR via TOSLINK. Does that mean it will not output the sound via RCA (either Zone 2, or pre-outs L/R). I have confirmed that the wireless setup is functional. I'm guessing that I need to output the sound from the HD SAT box to the AVR by RCA L/R as well as via TOSLINK. Any thoughts? I really would have thought the the Zone 2 output would have worked no matter what.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Zone 2 output requires analogue sources. You need to hook up the RCA L/R as well as the Toslink for each source that you want to hear.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts