AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right now, all 3 are around the same price for me. So I'm trying to choose one.

I like the Iphone app for the 1120 and the fact the 1120 has a bluetooth connector. I havent tested them so I dont know how good it is.

Reviews on the Yamaha iphone app seem not that great unless someone can help chime in.

Also, 1 thing i need is that the receiver is going to be out of sight. Does the remote allow me to control the unit without direct sight? Meaning does it use like RF or infared or whatever its called.

I'm planning on the receiver to run Polk M70 fronts, CS2 and M50's back.

thanks!

·
Registered
48 Posts
same boat here...been looking at the 1120, 667, a700,a800.

I'm not 100% positive but I don't think either unit uses RF or has an RF extender capability. You can always go the harmony route but the RF units are way overpriced(imo)

Newegg has $100 gift card with purchases over $500 today. Add that to the free ipod with a700,a800 and it is difficult to resist.

A800 has multi-position YPAO which sounds interesting. Haven't found anything detailing exactly what they do with the extra position data... Audyssey uses the additional positions to better tune their EQ

·
Registered
7,815 Posts
Yamaha's YPAO does the same thing. The exception is that versions of Audyssey Eq the sub. The MCACC(Pioneer) and YPAO don't Eq subs. But its easy enough to set up the sub yourself with a Radio Shack meter. Also with that sale at Newegg it would seem to me that the Yamaha 867 would be the better Yamaha deal since the 867 has networking capabilities and the other Yamaha's don't.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr325 /forum/post/19642532

same boat here...been looking at the 1120, 667, a700,a800.

I'm not 100% positive but I don't think either unit uses RF or has an RF extender capability. You can always go the harmony route but the RF units are way overpriced(imo)

Newegg has $100 gift card with purchases over $500 today. Add that to the free ipod with a700,a800 and it is difficult to resist.

A800 has multi-position YPAO which sounds interesting. Haven't found anything detailing exactly what they do with the extra position data... Audyssey uses the additional positions to better tune their EQ

the newegg promo is what has me on the fence. However, I didn't see a Iphone app for the A700. The receiver unit is going to be behind my couch so I'm worried that the remote won't be able to control it and it would be dumb for me to be pointing backwards to change settings.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'm surprised by the lack of reviews on the Yamahas. what hi-fi had one, audioholics did a preview and cnet told us how many hdmi ports they all have. Besides that there isn't whole lot on them...even here on avs

I gave up looking and got the 1120 tonight

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.