AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i hope i'm in the right place here thread wise but I just scored a GREAT DEAL but need help with it. So I bought a used Yamah rx 863 for $200. It looks to be in good condition. It goes on easily. I have a ps3 fatboy connected to hdmi 1 and a laptop connected to hdmi 3. U can hear sound but NO VIDEO at all. I tried 4 different hdmi cables, 3 from monoprice and 1 from best buys and still no video. When I connect them using any of the hdmi cables straight to the tv, the laptop and ps3 work flawlessly. Connection back to the 863 only gives sound, no video picture. I tried using hdmi's through the monitor OUTPUT on the receiver and then tried connecting through component and still no picture under component out. U cantt see the menu on the tv at all either from the Yamaha, but I can see the menu in the Yamaha display itself. I am using a new Panasonic Viera 50u 60 plasma that I bought 3 months ago and works with anything I connect to it up until now. Straight direct connections work with no problem until I connect the receiver to it on any hdmi or component. I have reset the receiver 5 times, even the remote. I'm usually good with this stuff but i'm stumped after 6 hours of this. Can any of u super Wizards help here?

I did try posting this on a past thread but it wouldn't take so I had to start this new thread.

Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Wow all these views and not one person can help?

·
Premium Member
2,316 Posts
I would imagine people are clicking your thread to see about a great deal, just like I did.

Maybe there's a thread in the appropriate section about that device?

·
Registered
40 Posts
you should post this in the Receiver and Amps area, not the great deals area. That will likely get you are response from some useful folks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am STILL trying to figure it out. Just sound no matter what. I am thinking the video processor doesn't work which would be why component doesn't work for video as well as hdmi. I contacted the dude I bought it from to take it back. I'm gonna by an Yamaha 720 instead. I think it would cost more money than it would be worth to get it fixed.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
At first I thought it was the monoprice cables I was using cause I used 3 1.4b monoprice cables and this receiver is only 1.3a BUT I read that these 1.4b cables are BACKWARD compatible AND I did try another hdmi cable I bought from best buys that 1.3a but that didn't work either and neither did the component cables.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts