AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Quick question that I hope someone can answer. I have a old Yamaha HTR-5930 that works great. In my living room I have 2 floor standing speakers, one center speaker, and a sub. The speakers inside are hooked up to the "A" position on the back of the unit. I recently bought some outdoor speakers for my deck and hooked them up to the "B" position. The issue I am having is that when I select "B" on the front of the unit, my living room speakers turn off but my center and sub continue to play inside the house.

Is there a way to set up my receiver to just play the "B" speakers when I select "B" or do I have to go into the setting's and turn off the center and sub woofer every time? Even when I select "2 Speakers" it still plays the sub.

The source is a cd-player hooked up via optical cable.

·
Premium Member
90,357 Posts
The intention for the Front B speakers is when using a 2nd set of FL/FR speakers for music listening only. Although you can place them in another room, you have the limitations you are experiencing. Your best bet is likely just using STEREO mode with B selected and turn the sub off (either via the receiver or the power switch on the sub itself).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts