AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The A1000 front panel display shows what speakers are active; i have a 7.2 setup with two subs connected to sub1 and sub2 pre-outs. The receiver NEVER shows sub2 in the display no matter what surround program i select. I noticed it does send signal to both subs but why the Sub2 nver lit up? Anyone has ever seen both subs lit up? I did used YPAO a couple of times with same results. I made sure i set both subs to ALWAYS ON before running YPAO. Is there a way i could manually enable sub2? The only option in speaker setup is to use a sub and nothing for sub2. Do i have a faulty receiver?

·
Registered
6,559 Posts
I don't know the specifics of your receiver but frequently those lights are there to indicate what channels are being input to the receiver, not what channels the receiver is outputting to. Since I'm not aware of any current codecs that use .2, you'll likely only see one sub lit up. The receiver probably has the other light because in theory it would support 2 distinct sub channels, but for now, no such thing exists. At least none that I'm aware of.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Umm... There are 2 different Sub1 and Sub2 pre-outs - maybe Ross meant 2000/3000 could crossover each sub at different frequencies but not 1000. As for display showing what input signals are received, probably not cause if i feed it a 5.1 signal and then use the Dolby Extended Surround that engages surround backs also, the display does show SBL/SBR lighted up and manual does say it shows what channes are active. I have also emailed Yamha support but was wondering if someone else who has same reciever has run across this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.