AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please advise!

I recently bought a HTR-5860 AV Receiver and set of JBL Northridge E80's, and EC35 center speaker to complete my system . While performing the Audio setup using the Auto feature and YPAO. The results keep returning a Warning W-1: Out of Phase for the Front L and Front R speakers. I have checked the connection several times and confirmed the connection is right. But, when I reverse the connection from (speaker + connected to receiver +) to (speaker - connected to receiver +) the system does not return the warning. And I know for a fact that the connection is reversed (not correct).

Note: in the Owners manual, they list the cause for this as:

Speaker polarity is not correct. This message may appear depending on the

speakers even when the speakers are connected correctly.

Is there an explanation for this? Should I keep my receiver / speaker connected correctly and forget the warning? I am afraid if I keep it reversed it will eventually cause problems with the components. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
534 Posts
Wire it correctly and forget the warning.

Somewhere on this forum I read that some speakers cause this. Sorry I can't remember where.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks jeffK987

I searched many forums here and can't find a single item about this. Has anyone else run into this issue? Can anyone point me to the forum that mentioned this? Do you think I should call Yamaha support, and do you think they could advise?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kicks95
Please advise!

I recently bought a HTR-5860 AV Receiver and set of JBL Northridge E80's, and EC35 center speaker to complete my system . While performing the Audio setup using the Auto feature and YPAO. The results keep returning a Warning W-1: Out of Phase for the Front L and Front R speakers. I have checked the connection several times and confirmed the connection is right. But, when I reverse the connection from (speaker + connected to receiver +) to (speaker - connected to receiver +) the system does not return the warning. And I know for a fact that the connection is reversed (not correct).

Note: in the Owners manual, they list the cause for this as:

Speaker polarity is not correct. This message may appear depending on the

speakers even when the speakers are connected correctly.

Is there an explanation for this? Should I keep my receiver / speaker connected correctly and forget the warning? I am afraid if I keep it reversed it will eventually cause problems with the components. Any suggestions?
Speakers out of polarity will only cause problems w/ quality of sound, not physical problems with the system.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Yamaha's manuals state that it will sometimes tell you a speaker is out of phase when it is not.

Certain crossover schemes can cause this to happen. If you have double checked your wiring don't worry about it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts