AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been using the Yamaha AV Controller app on my iPad and iPhone since nearly day one of launch. I have the RX-V3900 receiver. Everything has been working flawlessly until last week. Midway through watching a movie, zone 2 turned on, then the volume turned up, receiver turned off, then on, then switched to tuner, changed stations etc. Totally random changes. I am on a 100% secure home network and I had in my hands the only two devices which control the system. I have since had to unplug the ethernet cable from the receiver as I cannot trust it to not turn itself on and crank the volume (I had previously set max volumes thank goodness or my speakers would be toast). This happened multiple times and it is completly random - I cannot dupplicate the problem, it just happens on its own.

I am wondering if anyone else has experianced this issue? If so have you solved the problem?

I hate to let this go on since it also controls the zone 2 which is my pool speakers outdoors - not sure the neighbours would appreciate blaring music in the middle of the night!

Thanks in advance,

Scott.

·
Registered
15,079 Posts
If you're certain the commands are coming over the network, you might want to consider running a network monitor to find out where they're originating. WireShark is a popular network monitoring package.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the suggestion.. Unfortunately, I am a little worried this will be a little over my head having just looked it up on google. That said I will give it a try. Anyone else have any suggestions - or perhaps guidelines on what I am looking for if I do use Wireshark?

Thanks,

Scott

·
Premium Member
5,325 Posts
nteresting about the interference, I hope I don't run into it

but please the app is installed on my S5 and a galaxy pad but is stuck in demo mode.

How can it be enabled for full function?

·
Registered
638 Posts
There is no such thing as a 100% secure home network.

Having said that, i would uninstall and reinstall the app.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts