AVS Forum banner

461 - 480 of 1134 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
So the A2A model should be new version of A880. Sadly one hdmi out less and also pre-out for main channels only similar to RX-A780 where as A880 had all channels. Power consumption is same on both RX-A2A and RX-V6A, meaning same amplification.

Looking at the A4A model which should be new A1080. Subwoofer preout 1&2 are now white and red, where as A1080 had both black like in A2A and A880. Sadly it doesn´t say front/rear like in A6A and A8A. People would surely want to see individual sub eq for the A4A this time! Yamaha needs to step up to compete with D&M products!

RX-V6A got the YPAO R.S.C Multipoint, first time in the lower cost range as they said in the event! I hope they have listened people and reviews which have been nagging about how poorly these machines eq the subwoofer! Every 10year time Yamaha is making bigger changes with the slew rate amps now and new looks. Let´s hope YPAO in the higher range models has been tweaked!

This waiting is killing me!
A8xx, A7xx and V6xx series has been sharing the same power topology for many years now. Not surprising they are still doing it with this new refreshed line up. A8xx and A7xx has always just been a glorified V6xx for more money, without actually adding anything meaningful.

I don't even care if YPAO doesn't EQ down to 20hz like Audyssey does. But as it is right now, YPAO basically does next to nothing to sub EQing which is by far the most important region to EQ. At least, DO something lol.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Somebody has a clue if the RX-A2A will have AI?

The RX-V6A won't get AI but has been improved with Multipoint YPAO comparing to the RX-V685.
Actually AI starts with the RX-A1080 which would correspond to the RX-A4A.
Maybe the RX-A2A could be improved with AI...?

·
Registered
550 Posts
A8xx, A7xx and V6xx series has been sharing the same power topology for many years now. Not surprising they are still doing it with this new refreshed line up. A8xx and A7xx has always just been a glorified V6xx for more money, without actually adding anything meaningful.

I don't even care if YPAO doesn't EQ down to 20hz like Audyssey does. But as it is right now, YPAO basically does next to nothing to sub EQing which is by far the most important region to EQ. At least, DO something lol.
There do seem to be a few small changes to the RXA2 when compared to the RXV6A...
From what I can see, there's a few more triggers (can't see if they're IR or 12volt) and the remote on the RXV6 looks more like the RXV4A remote, while the RXA2 seems to have the same remote control as the RXA780/880.
Obviously the front panel design is very different, there's the 5th foot and a detachable power cable on the Aventage model too.

But ultimately I'm actually surprised that modern AVR's have mirrored HDMI outputs these days as HDMI splitters are so cheap and often offer up EDID / audio breakout functionality that the standard AVR does not. I can see a use-case for a matrix'd HDMI output... but if the money has to be cut at an entry level price point, I believe it's good place to make the cut.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
There do seem to be a few small changes to the RXA2 when compared to the RXV6A...
From what I can see, there's a few more triggers (can't see if they're IR or 12volt) and the remote on the RXV6 looks more like the RXV4A remote, while the RXA2 seems to have the same remote control as the RXA780/880.
Obviously the front panel design is very different, there's the 5th foot and a detachable power cable on the Aventage model too.

But ultimately I'm actually surprised that modern AVR's have mirrored HDMI outputs these days as HDMI splitters are so cheap and often offer up EDID / audio breakout functionality that the standard AVR does not. I can see a use-case for a matrix'd HDMI output... but if the money has to be cut at an entry level price point, I believe it's good place to make the cut.
And those things aren't really all that meaningful. Okay sure, extra triggers are nice to have but... really, do they need to charge an extra $100 for an extra trigger? Come on.

I've always been baffled in the past by Yamaha to have FOUR "Aventage" receivers that are only capable of 7.1 channels of processing. Yes, they were the A5xx, A6xx, A7xx, and A10xx. While the A5xx and A6xx models aren't available in all regions, it's still baffling as to why they need four SKUs for basically by and large, the same receiver internally (except for the A10xx which has a H-frame design).

So for them to remove some models this time around, I think that makes sense. In fact if it were up to me, I'd say they should just remove their entire V series line up all together. They're practically pointless considering the low end Aventage models often goes on sale often enough to match the highest end V series model.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Depending on where you live, the warranty difference between the RX-V and RX-A can be as large as 2 years (2 years for RX-V, 4 for RX-A). This may / may not be a factor depending on what part of the world you live in and the amount of consumer protection is in place in the law for that country.
The real reason for RX-V is that it has always given Yamaha different options re: who they can supply to avoid dealer conflict and broaden who they sell to.
I have absolutely no issues with more choice and seeing companies sell more products.
That way they can hopefully put more money and time into developing new kit.

Look at Pioneer Elite... heck, look at Pioneer and Onkyo!
Same thing - different skirt!

Denon's offering has the S series, no doubt an answer to Yamaha's RX-V range. And then you can look at the Marantz series and say "Wow - a different front fascia and a high slew rate amplifier that someone thought to distort at the top end.

It's all marketing.
But it all has its place.

·
Registered
206 Posts
What are the (possible) prices for the RX-A2, A4 and A6 ??

·
Registered
75 Posts
What are the (possible) prices for the RX-A2, A4 and A6 ??
When the units were on Amazon briefly the A6 was 2299 and the A8 was 2999. That's all I can remember before the links were taken down.

Reactions: onesolo

·
Registered
206 Posts
When the units were on Amazon briefly the A6 was 2299 and the A8 was 2999. That's all I can remember before the links were taken down.
So, A4 around 1600 and A2 1100 ?! Damn, pretty high...

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
29,704 Posts
If the A8 does indeed retail for that price that must be a receiver like they have never made before. That is Marantz SR8015 style price.

·
Registered
962 Posts
I'd guess those were placeholder prices or they're going to do the "30% difference between MSRP and MAP from day one" thing like they do with TVs.

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Reactions: onesolo

·
Premium Member
2,745 Posts
If the A8 does indeed retail for that price that must be a receiver like they have never made before. That is Marantz SR8015 style price.
Well, the first RX-Z11 that I bought when they first came out had an MSRP of $4000. A couple of years later I bought a 2nd for considerably less. :)

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
My last 2 AVRs are Yamaha but I do not know if I will go on.
For my usage I need to spend $2200 in a RX-A6 when a $1200 Demon 3700h will do the job.
Come on Yamaha, we need Covid period pricing.
Wow, I agree, those are steep prices. $1000 dollars more for what, a couple more inputs at 2.1, maybe longer reliability, but that's very situational.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Here is some pricing info I found when Googling the new Yamaha models. The links don't work, but the info is here:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Any information on difference between RX-V6A and RX-A2A? Any difference besides additional optical input, additional HDMI output, and full preouts on the RX-A4A compared to the other 7.1 receivers? How about power ratings?

461 - 480 of 1134 Posts