AVS Forum banner

121 - 140 of 232 Posts

·
Vendor
26,637 Posts
The first 11 channel with full 2.1 HDMI capability gets my money. Until that time comes I wait. No excuse for these delays and dribs and drabs of full functionality. It's time and time is up!
It will be interesting when the first output HDMI 2.1 devise hits the streets, let alone a receiver. I can not imagine it being a release without hick ups.......

·
Registered
56 Posts
Denon already represented there new line of AVRs for 2021, with starting sales date in July. They even showed 11.2 channel AVR with 13.2 processing for 2 500 $ / Euro / Pounds, supporting all Audio formats, known to date.

Now the big question is: When Yamaha will present their new line of AVRs with full specs and expected market dates?
I am eager to see that any time now.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Denon already represented there new line of AVRs for 2021, with starting sales date in July. They even showed 11.2 channel AVR with 13.2 processing for 2 500 $ / Euro / Pounds, supporting all Audio formats, known to date.

Now the big question is: When Yamaha will present their new line of AVRs with full specs and expected market dates?
I am eager to see that any time now.
We do not know. There are rumors that Yamaha is planning to announce them in early June.
If that it is we should hear something soon.

I sent an E-mail to Yamaha yesterday, to ask about their new AVRs.
But they were not willing to give me any information. They only told me that
new products will be announced when the first batch leaves the factory.

·
Registered
193 Posts
It'll be curious to see if they have the same 40Gbps 2.1 HDMI port that the Denon posses, AND -- will they offer more than a single 2.1 input?
no big hopes for that, prob the same than Denon

·
Registered
128 Posts
NOT interested at all in a reciever with One 2.1 input! I'm sick of being drip fed technology and dont say that's how it works. theres no reason they cant make every input fully capable if they can make one cause yo u know the next model will. Dont have that kind of money to buy a $1K reciever every 2 years obviously considering I'm still rockin an RX-V3800 lol, guess it will have to survive another release or two.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I'm hearing unconfirmed reports that HDMI 2.1 VRR isn't possible through a receiver. It requires a direct connection to a display. I'm hoping that some sort of bypass mode can still send an untouched VRR signal through a receiver and extract the audio.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I'm hearing unconfirmed reports that HDMI 2.1 VRR isn't possible through a receiver. It requires a direct connection to a display. I'm hoping that some sort of bypass mode can still send an untouched VRR signal through a receiver and extract the audio.

Denon supports VRR and ALLM with their new line up.

·
Registered
981 Posts
We do not know. There are rumors that Yamaha is planning to announce them in early June.
If that it is we should hear something soon.

I sent an E-mail to Yamaha yesterday, to ask about their new AVRs.
But they were not willing to give me any information. They only told me that
new products will be announced when the first batch leaves the factory.
Yamaha stuff is made in Malaysia, where I live. In fact, the factory is only some 30mins away.

The lockdown has only been relaxed some 2+ weeks ago and we're just starting to into a recovery lockdown phase. So it's not really back to normal yet as far as the manufacturing industry goes. Don't expect Yamaha to announce anything until at least mid-July.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Denon supports VRR and ALLM with their new line up.
Unfortunately, Denon's 2020 receivers only have one (!) HDMI 2.1 input making them useless for someone wanting to be future proof or connect a PS5, Xbox One/Series X and a PC but you're correct though - VRR, ALLM are claimed to be supported by Denon.

·
Registered
11,770 Posts
Unfortunately, Denon's 2020 receivers only have one (!) HDMI 2.1 input making them useless for someone wanting to be future proof or connect a PS5, Xbox One/Series X and a PC but you're correct though - VRR, ALLM are claimed to be supported by Denon.

Not useless

PS5 hasn’t said they will target 120Hz 4K and frankly they don’t have the hardware horsepower to do it on AAA titles.

So 4K 60Hz with VRR will very likely be fine. The other HDMI ports are VRR and QFT functional on the 2020 Denons.

Put your PC or Xbox Series X on the HDMI 2.1 port and your PS5 on one of your other HDMI ports and you’ll be just fine. Both consoles will have VRR and QFT.

Or wait and see what competitors do...that’s fine, but useless is a harsh call.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey everyone, new forum member, following this thread as Im in the market for a new AVR.

anyone have any updates on what Yamaha may ship or at least start selling (pricing, catalog, etc) their 2020 models in Singapore?

Thanks!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hey everyone, new forum member, following this thread as Im in the market for a new AVR.

anyone have any updates on what Yamaha may ship or at least start selling (pricing, catalog, etc) their 2020 models in Singapore?

Thanks!
What you got in this thread is all of the info we know.

121 - 140 of 232 Posts