AVS Forum banner

161 - 180 of 231 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Guys, shouldn't this be taken to a PS5 thread?

·
Registered
11 Posts
No it won't. It's 100 times slower then RAM. There is no way textures or any assets will be loaded in time unless your game is running at 3FPS. The only things I could possibly see is streaming of sounds.

You will be able to stream textures into RAM faster but the GPU is not going to be using a texture directly from the SSD.
And you are basing this off what? Your guessing? Please watch the Sony press conference and stop responding with false information. They ARE loading assets directly from SSD. That has been confirmed already.

Look i started this thought process complaining of denon 2 out 1 in. And hoping Yamaha goes the 2 in 1 out route since the denon official Twitter said that those are actually the only 2 boards available from manufacturers right now

·
Registered
37 Posts
...and two large knobs...
I don't think I've ever used the knobs on my current Yamaha. IMO it would be better with no knobs at all.

My receiver is situated quite low - the only time the volume knob does get used is when by robot vacuum runs past it and bumps the volume up slightly.

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
I don't think I've ever used the knobs on my current Yamaha. IMO it would be better with no knobs at all.

My receiver is situated quite low - the only time the volume knob does get used is when by robot vacuum runs past it and bumps the volume up slightly.
I actually like having the knobs on all 7 of my Yamaha AVR/AVP units. I do use them from time to time and would dearly miss them when needed. I find that not everything can be done via remote controls.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
VRR/QFT/etc do not require HDMI 2.1 ports. There are many receivers that support it right now with HDMI 2.0 ports. HDMI forum prefers using the actual feature names rather than relying on hdmi version number as many features can exist. You only need 48gbps if you want 4k120 or 8k. EARC, etc can use HDMI 2.0 ports and are independent features.

·
Vendor
26,611 Posts
IMO Yamaha Aventage AVRs were the nicest looking ones out there but this new look is pretty ugly, hopefully it looks better in person.
Ya there is not many ways to change a receiver's looks. Better off leaving it as is.

Thank you for exposing my ignorance, that is good news. Such good news that I may need to buy a Denon, which I only mentioned because the other guy mentioned Denon. :)
Would be nice if the Yamaha's where out ;)

·
Registered
35 Posts
9.2 2021 Yamaha

Looking to upgrade my Yamaha 671 because I need 9.1 Channels now. The new Denon AVR-X3700H (and 3600H)has it at a great price point. I do want to wait for the new 2021 Yamaha's because I've had receivers from Pioneer and Onkyo and they all died on after a while and my Yamaha has been very reliable and it runs cool. Denon's are known for running hot. I went to the Yamaha site yesterday and it said page would be updated 7/1 so I was hoping that it was with the new 2021 AVR's but nothing so far. I'm wandering if Yamaha is reconsidering to do 9.1 at the A-1080 price point to compete with Denon's 3700H. I also understand that Yamaha's Aventage DAC is superior to Denon's. I guess we will see. But Denon is making a very compelling product with their new InCommand Series.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Looking to upgrade my Yamaha 671 because I need 9.1 Channels now. The new Denon AVR-X3700H (and 3600H)has it at a great price point. I do want to wait for the new 2021 Yamaha's because I've had receivers from Pioneer and Onkyo and they all died on after a while and my Yamaha has been very reliable and it runs cool. Denon's are known for running hot. I went to the Yamaha site yesterday and it said page would be updated 7/1 so I was hoping that it was with the new 2021 AVR's but nothing so far. I'm wandering if Yamaha is reconsidering to do 9.1 at the A-1080 price point to compete with Denon's 3700H. I also understand that Yamaha's Aventage DAC is superior to Denon's. I guess we will see. But Denon is making a very compelling product with their new InCommand Series.
9 channel? If you are thinking about adding front wides, I doubt Yamaha is going to add those. All their current models will do 7 bed channels plus 2 subs and 4 overhead or heights.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I can't say I like the looks much of the new ones at all, the giant knob isn't great and the display looks cheap. I don't think I'm going to be buying anytime soon, but it will probably be another Yamaha when I do, as I seem to just have better luck with their stuff than Onkyo in the past and now Denon. My X4500H is going to have to go away, it sounds awful sometimes (rear surrounds are heavily muffled, appears to be heat related, a fan blowing on it makes it take longer to happen) and when it comes back, it will probably be relegated to backup status in case my Yamaha dies, as even though the Yamaha is only a TSR-7810, I prefer it to the Denon. I don't need to be that close to the cutting edge on features anyway.

The cost of shipping the Denon is not going to make me happy..

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
When do we expect more info on these models, in early fall? They haven't been officially announced, correct?

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Agreed. Deciding between Yamaha and denon and would like an idea of what Yamaha will have to offer.

I think they usually release the new models in August

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I hope they post the information sooner rather than later and that they also post the manuals. I'm trying to decide between the current RX-A3080 and new RX-A8.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Agreed. Deciding between Yamaha and denon and would like an idea of what Yamaha will have to offer.
I had to unfortunately delete Denon from consideration.

I was looking at a 4700 or 6700. But, Denon receivers cannot do what Yamaha's can do in one respect.

With my current RX-A3000 and other Yamaha Aventage receivers you can send the tuner and other analog signals as well as HDMI inputs to Zone 2 via HDMI (well, with my 3000 I just use the second video output).

With Denon, you cannot send any signal except several HDMI inputs to Zone 2 via HDMI. Not even the tuner or Internet radio.

I am currently distributing audio and occasionally video via HDMI to four additional rooms and do not want to have to stake a step backwards and redo my former pre-HDMI setup by stringing analog wire through my attic, crawl space and basement.

I could also get an RCA to HDMI converter and an HDMI switch to work this on a Denon but would my wife want to figure this out?

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Interesting. Not an issue for me bc I just stream pandora or Spotify through my phone to my second zone. But def an issue in your case.

I had to unfortunately delete Denon from consideration.

I was looking at a 4700 or 6700. But, Denon receivers cannot do what Yamaha's can do in one respect.

With my current RX-A3000 and other Yamaha Aventage receivers you can send the tuner and other analog signals as well as HDMI inputs to Zone 2 via HDMI (well, with my 3000 I just use the second video output).

With Denon, you cannot send any signal except several HDMI inputs to Zone 2 via HDMI. Not even the tuner or Internet radio.

I am currently distributing audio and occasionally video via HDMI to four additional rooms and do not want to have to stake a step backwards and redo my former pre-HDMI setup by stringing analog wire through my attic, crawl space and basement.

I could also get an RCA to HDMI converter and an HDMI switch to work this on a Denon but would my wife want to figure this out?

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
You would think the release should be really soon now, right?

·
Registered
28,451 Posts
How do you send the tuner or internet radio via HDMI? They're not video sources? I'm a little confused.

161 - 180 of 231 Posts