1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
13,220 Posts

I got one of these guys and found it to be a very nice receiver. It happens to offer Dialogue Lift which trumps most features and or other receivers I have used in the room. Plus, I found the surrounds to be much more alive than with the Onkyo TX-NR818 it replaced.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I've been eyeing this since it came out the other day but don't like that it doesn't have wireless since all the AVR's seem to be going to wireless. Like this is the last hurrah of having to use a dongle.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I picked up an A820 from Newegg a few weeks ago for about $550. My first real home theater, and I'm very happy with it. Automatic setup with YPAO seemed to work fine without doing a software upgrade. It's driving JBL L890s, biamped, with an LC2 and LS30 surrounds, all recently purchased from Amazon. It seems like plenty of power for my purposes, and I've used it for music more than video so far. And dialogue lift is very effective.

Both my TV and BluRay player are Samsung with built-in WIFI, and I've streamed a lot from Amazon. I tested briefly and streaming to TV with ARC to the A820 seems to work well. I'm not sure whether there's any downside such as loss in sound quality. I always expected to get a media bridge for the receiver, but if there's no downside I might hold off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.