AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 357 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
I believe A1010 is now in stock in US, I'm still waiting for one up here in Canada, although I don't think they're going to release it, so I'm planning to import one from US.

Did you guys buy one already?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I am interested in picking one up, but may get the Oppo 93 as I can't see if the Yamaha has any crossover settings for the analog 7.1 outs. I looked through their manual online and it doesn't say anything about it. If anybody owns one and can shed some light it would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
126 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadje /forum/post/21080390

I am interested in picking one up, but may get the Oppo 93 as I can't see if the Yamaha has any crossover settings for the analog 7.1 outs. I looked through their manual online and it doesn't say anything about it. If anybody owns one and can shed some light it would be appreciated. Thanks.

Has anyone seen reviews for this player? I can find spec sheets but no articles of it being tested or is this thing that new?

Thanks!

·
Registered
126 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxman /forum/post/21200692

Has anyone seen reviews for this player? I can find spec sheets but no articles of it being tested or is this thing that new?

Thanks!

Anyone, anyone?

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
When HDMI Audio is set to PCM, while playing the multi-channel area of an SACD, is the sampling frequency 88.2 KHz or 176.4 KHz? I would prefer an answer from someone who has hands-on experience.

·
Registered
541 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big C /forum/post/21261331

When HDMI Audio is set to PCM, while playing the multi-channel area of an SACD, is the sampling frequency 88.2 KHz or 176.4 KHz? I would prefer an answer from someone who has hands-on experience.

I may get one by next weekend, I will try to give you an update, Pioneer fan.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuenMuner /forum/post/21263291

I may get one by next weekend, I will try to give you an update, Pioneer fan.

I am returning my new Pioneer Elite BDP-53FD because it has the potential of kidnapping my discs. As much as I love their PQLS, the change it provides isn't drastic enough to tolerate certain things. The Oppos either output DSD or PCM at 88.2 KHz. The Sonys have been said to output DSD or PCM at 176.4 KHz, but don't support DVD-AUDIO. The Yamaha BD-A1010 has been said to output DSD or PCM at 176.4 KHz, even though the official documentation doesn't give how SACD is decoded. B&H Photo Video has a holiday returns policy until January 18. I'm not sure when I'll be getting mine. I was getting conflicting reports on stock from the search results til placing the order. If I get mine first, I guess I'll be the guinniepig. If it says 88.2 on my receiver, I'll return it and try the Sony BDP-NS780. If the Sony says 88.2, then I'll return it and get the Oppo. Do I sound like I know what I'm doing?

1 - 20 of 357 Posts