AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard/read many complaints about how slow the Yamaha DVD-C750 is at loading/changing discs. Is the C950 any better in that respect? I know the C950 has superior video capabilities, but I am wondering if it is any faster as a changer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i just purchased a c950, and while i am not familiar with the 750 I would say that the 950 is somewhat slow in comparison to the sony changer i previously used. The slowness is part and parcel to yamaha's play exchange system which allows you to change the other four discs while one is playing, also the somewhat strange lack of a rotating carousel contributes to the slow changing of discs. This however appears to be its only drawback. It is quite packed with features for the money, really only lacking a fire wire output for digital output of sacd/dvda signals. Two questions I still have regarding this player if anyone happens to know the answers: 1. Is the crossover for the 5.1 channel output fixed at 120 like the c750? I'd prefer to be it 80 or variable (its not variable so I am hoping its 80). Neither the manual nor Yamaha tech support can answer this question. Tech support said they'd call Japan and get back to me but I am not holding my breath. 2. Can this player decode HDCDs?

Thanks in advance for any answers.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hi,

I have one and I looked it up in the manual for another thread. The crossover is 120Hz, it is in the manual I think under the speaker set-up section. I know this bummed me out too, but it still sounds good on my equipment (AVM20, A5, A2 and Paradigm Reference 100's).

Jay

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.