AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am shopping for a new receiver and am interested in using one or more of the virtual wide/height speaker formats for the front. I am interested if anyone has listened to Pro Logic IIz and Audyssey DSX and Yamaha Cinema DSP. I am most interested in how the Yamaha Cinema DSP Virtual Speaker compares to the other two technologies. Anyone have any first hand comparisons they could share?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
In my option, I like pliiz the best.

The yamaha sounds like more gimmick, and audyssey seemed to loose dynamics and some directional sounds. Hence the point of audyssey to give more bubble.

Overall having all these products I love pliiz.

I was using height channels with 7.1.

Hope this helps a little.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by muad'dib /forum/post/0

In my option, I like pliiz the best.

The yamaha sounds like more gimmick, and audyssey seemed to loose dynamics and some directional sounds. Hence the point of audyssey to give more bubble.

Overall having all these products I love pliiz.

I was using height channels with 7.1.

Hope this helps a little.

I would go for the denon 4311, as it has audyssey and pliiz.

You also get the awesome XT32 EQ. It sounds awesome as compared to yamaha and pioneer.

Again, I have owned lots of different brands.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My previous two receivers were Denon (avr-3300 and avr-3801) and I have been looking hard at the avr-3312 as it does have both Audyssey and PLIIz. There are features the Yamaha has that I like and its a little cheaper, but I will probably get the Denon. I have always been happy with the ones I have had.

I will have a 5.1 system and will use the front speakers as either extra wides or height channels. My room makes four rear speakers hard to do with respect to the WAF considered in.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have considered the Onkyo as well, but I have a slight fear of reliability with the Onkyo brand. Seems (and I stress seems, could be nothing) but it seems a fair number of complaints of failing HDMI switching with past Onkyo receivers. Onkyo's are loaded with features so it still is a possibility if I can be convinced that they don't have a reliability problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.