AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I am debating between using a Yamaha cx-a5100 and 2 power amps (3 channel + 7 channel) vs a Yamaha rx-a3070 and a 3 channel amp to power the front 3 speakers. Anyone think I'd hear much of a difference? I like the space I'd save by having just the Receiver and 1 amp vs Pre/Pro and 2 power amps. The receiver would only power by 2 surrounds and 4 height speakers. I could also use some of the money on the savings of 1 less amp to get a better 3 channel amp for the front 3 channels. Perhaps the cx-a5100 would be better for 2 channel audio?

Thank you,

Chris

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Hello all,

I am debating between using a Yamaha cx-a5100 and 2 power amps (3 channel + 7 channel) vs a Yamaha rx-a3070 and a 3 channel amp to power the front 3 speakers. Anyone think I'd hear much of a difference? I like the space I'd save by having just the Receiver and 1 amp vs Pre/Pro and 2 power amps. The receiver would only power by 2 surrounds and 4 height speakers. I could also use some of the money on the savings of 1 less amp to get a better 3 channel amp for the front 3 channels. Perhaps the cx-a5100 would be better for 2 channel audio?

Thank you,

Chris
I'm in the 3070 camp. due to the fact the AVR is more versatile and the system would be a space saver. My opinion.:)

Cheers

1 - 2 of 2 Posts