AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newbie here, I just got done searching for info on this projector and support of HDCP. I just bought it NIB 2 weeks ago and am extremely pleased with the performance. Although it does not sport the Mustang chip it is still an extremely cool projector IMO. I have it hooked up to a Samsung HDTV Direct TV Receiver through the DVI cable. I am pleased beyond words of the quality picture and moreso since I paid less than 1/3 the MSRP. It works flawlessly for my needs and I can't see any rainbows that I hear others talk about. Now comes the rub. I bought a Samsung DVD-HD931 to specifically play upconverted images to the projector via the DVI cable. No dice. The DPX-1 won't play the image due to HDCP from the DVD player. Is there any retro mod that can be done to the DPX-1 from Yamaha or am I doomed to use component cables as my hookup medium. I plan on using the Samsung now on my HLN567W that will support the HDCP. Is there another DVD player that will upconvert the signal through the DVI cable and give me the resolution I am seeking?? I have read alot on the Bravo but not sure if it will do what I want. Thanks for any feedback in advance.

Steve

·
Registered
83 Posts
Both the Bravo D1 and Momitsu V880 will upconvert to 720p and 1080i via DVI. Both say that HDCP is required, but have been verified to work with non-HDCP DVI inputs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.