AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed my DPX-1000 and it puts up a stunning1080i image with only minor image adjustment. I haven't seen other HD2 units so I'm sorry I can't offer any comparisons.

Unfortunately I ran into an issue with HTPC compatibility that I haven't been able to resolve as yet.

I'm using an RGB input (don't have a DVI cable). The 1000 only accepts up to 1024x768 in RGB PC mode. In this mode it has tracking and sync adjustments. A 1024 image works fine.

To get a 1280x720 image the unit must be in RGB TV mode and then it accepts a short list of HDTV inputs including 720P. With my Radeon set to 720P, the image displaces but it has a tracking problem (colored vertical lines display badly - red and blue verticals display as twins and green as a white line). There appears to be no way to adjust the projector to resolve this and nothing I've done with Powerstrip resolves it.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how to resolve this tracking issue?

-- Mark

·
Registered
842 Posts
I just sold my DPX1000, however, I had no problem connecting an HTPC at all. I used both RGB PC and RGB TV modes without any of the issues you described running [email protected] What version of powerstrip are you using? What video card and drivers?

·
Registered
521 Posts
Tom,

Why did you sell the DPX-1000 so soon? Did you have problems with it and did you find something better?

Docray1

·
Registered
521 Posts
Tom,

Why did you sell the DPX-1000 so soon? Did you have problems with it and did you find something better?

·
Registered
842 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Docray1
Tom,

You guys don't know me by now? I mean, I've probably owned 20-30 projectors in the last two years. I guess despite my entrance into this market as business venture, fundamentally, I still like my HT toys! :)

But as I told the buyer of the DPX1000 - just not enough light output for me. I throw almost 16ft onto a 100" grayhawk and it wasn't bright enough for me. The guy that bought it from me will throw from 10ft onto a Firehawk so hopefully it found a nice home. Of course, I had other pet peeves but I always have them no matter what projector it is.

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
So what are you using now Tom? I can't believe you are Projectorless:)

·
Banned
9,999 Posts
Tom, you sold the DPX-1000 because you were firing onto a 0.9 gain screen across a 16' distance. Why not fire onto a screen at that distance with 40% more gain (i.e. the FireHawk)?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It turns out that my problem was some form of Powerstrip compatibility issue.

When Powerstrip was running, the projector would not sync to the 1280x720 image in RGB PC mode. When I saw that this resolution was not listed as a supported RGB PC resolution I assumed this resolution was only supported in RGB TV mode.

When Powerstrip is not running the projector does sync to 1280x720 in RGB PC mode and the image is superb.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Hi,

my standard question (to those who own a DPX1000): How about other refresh rates via DVI, i.e. [email protected] and [email protected]?!? That is the important question. If the unit can only do 60Hz it is good bye high end video anyways, sorry.

Regards

Christoph

P.S.: The Sharp 10000 cannot (!!) do 48Hz or 50Hz via DVI at 1280x720 (only at 576p and maybe some other odd resolutions I did not bother to try out).

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by tapani
clehner,

I'm also interested in the same question.

My Yamaha LPX-500 works at [email protected] ,[email protected] ... even at [email protected] via DVI.

I suppose DPX-1000 works in a similar way. (?)

Tapani,

I am aware of the 50Hz capability of the LPX-500. However, the DPX1000 is a total different matter as TI itself does not specify the HD2 chip as working below 48Hz. And, there presumably is a bug in the driver software/hardware around 48Hz. SIM2 corrected this with the HT300+ just a couple of weeks ago so I am curious whether any of the other HD2 pjs actually works at 48Hz without flaw(I doubt it). I know for sure the Sharp doesn't work at all natively other than at 60Hz.

Regards

Christoph

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.