AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The volume knob on my DSP-A1 just stopped working. You can manually control it, but it will not responed from the remote. The unit is receiving the remote signal as it displays "volume up" or "volume down" on the front panel but no sound change and no movement of the knob. Any ideas???

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just removed the unit from my rack and took the cover off. Volume control still did not work. Used to flashlight to look at the motor and touched the motor to see if it was running and nada. Decided that I would take it in tomorrow but before reinstalling the cover I tried it again. It now works. Beats me!! No loose wires. Kir may be right, motor may be starting to go.

Now I have to wire the damn thing all up again!!

What a pain!!!

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Did you unplug the DSP-A1 at any point when you opened it up? If you, when you plugged it back in it may have "rebooted" and corrected the problem.

Michael

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Mike, but I had tried unplugging it before I removed it from my rack to no avail. I appreciate the ideas though

·
Registered
225 Posts
Any DSP-A1 owners see a problem in the display modes that light up? For some reason the "M" in Movie Theater does not show up and has been that way for months. I get "ovie Theater" when I change DSP modes. I've had the unit for about 3 years since new.

·
Registered
17 Posts
About the volume control for the DSP-A1. Your volume contol motor is starting to go bad. It will continue to work and then not work until it stops all together. I had one go bad in a DSP-A2070 and a DSP-A1. They all start acting up when they are fixing to die. Hope that it's under warranty. If not, for the part and to put it in, I'd say your looking at about $300.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow W.C. Not sure where you are getting your repairs done, but I think you need to find a new source. I just called a place in Lansing, MI. The cost of the part is just under $60 and they consider that a minor repair to which they charge $60. Total cost of $120 plus tax. Just thought I would let you know so you don't get screwed.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
I've had a DSP-A1 for several years and no problems with the display (knock on wood) yet. No problems with the volume motor either.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Vette95 After I posted I realized that I made a mistake on the estimated price of the repair. When it happened to my DSP-A1, it was covered under warranty. When it happened to my DSP-A2070, I also had to have the input selector switch replaced as it was acting up and I had a couple of bad solder joints that were intermintant. So that's where the figure came from. Glad to hear that you got your's repaired for a reasonable sum.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.