AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now a lot of people in the audiophile world frown on using speaker effects with their music or movies but I've always liked the ones on the various Yamaha receivers I've owned through the years. The receivers I've owned were always their high-end/flagship receivers which makes it hard/expensive to keep updating when something new comes out.

Well, to tell the truth, I rarely use another source other then my htpc on my Yamaha and cutting the receiver out of the equation and getting separate amps instead sounds better everyday. Only I'd loose the DSP effects I've come to love on the Yamaha. I know "back in the day" they had a couple PC cards, but is their a solution available that could be used with say a Asus hdav1.3 deluxe?

·
Registered
2,890 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by realtight /forum/post/16961633

Now a lot of people in the audiophile world frown on using speaker effects with their music or movies but I've always liked the ones on the various Yamaha receivers I've owned through the years. The receivers I've owned were always their high-end/flagship receivers which makes it hard/expensive to keep updating when something new comes out.

Well, to tell the truth, I rarely use another source other then my htpc on my Yamaha and cutting the receiver out of the equation and getting separate amps instead sounds better everyday. Only I'd loose the DSP effects I've come to love on the Yamaha. I know "back in the day" they had a couple PC cards, but is their a solution available that could be used with say a Asus hdav1.3 deluxe?

my sound settings have them...

·
Registered
302 Posts
What do you mean by "effects"? Like reverb and stuff built into the receiver? You could get an actual effects unit, which would give you more options and sound better, but then you would only be able to hook up the two front channels, unless you bought additional effects units for surround channels, and that would be a waste of money.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts