AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a receiver for running stereo speakers on both the A and B front speaker connections. This is for a simple dining room and patio/deck listening. Nothing fancy but I want decent stereo sound.

I know that either receiver is EXTREME overkill for using only the stereo channels. However, I need something with decent power and A/B speaker engagement without using an A/B switcher.

I can start with the HTR-5740 and up as the HTR-5730 does not allow the engagement of A/B speakers at the same time (it's either or with this model in Canada at least).

Now, the question, do I go with the HTR-5740 and use this in the dining room OR should I go with the HTR-5790 and replace my DSPA1. In other words, use the DSPA1 for the stereo playback and bring the HTR-5790 into the HT. Would the HTR-5790 compete nicely with the DSPA1 or would I be sacrificing sound? I'm figuring that the HTR-5790 is more advanced in every aspect thus resulting in better and more refined sound. Is it as well built however? What would you do?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.