AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yamaha DVD-CX1 or DVD-C920

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  DJ_JonnyV 
I recently purchased a CX1, and so far have been very happy with it. I was also considering the 920, but what made the decision easy for me is that you can now get the CX1 from an authorized dealer for only $499. Not bad for a player that listed at $1,300 and sold for $899 just a few months ago.

The most noticeable difference between the two is build quality. Not that the 920's isn't very good, but the CX1's is better. It is built like a tank and weighs 23 lbs! I never saw the two side-by-side, so I can't comment on whether the video or audio quality is noticeably better on the CX1.

The only potential concern that I am aware of on the CX1 is the Cross Color Suppression (CCS) being on. Although I have not noticed it in over 2 months of use, I have read that it can cause problems when there are very saturated colors. Both Panasonic (on which the CX1 and 920 are based) and Denon issued firmware upgrades if you wanted to turn it off, so if it ever becomes a problem for me I will find out whether Yamaha has a similar firmware upgrade.

Hope this helps.

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.