AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yamaha DVD-CX1 or DVD-C920

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  DJ_JonnyV 
Yes, this same problem does exist for the CX1, I have done some extensive testing with that Toy Story seen and this model. BUT, that was the only time that I ever noticed it. I have been extremely satisfied with this player since I bought it in July for $499 - really a great value. Also, one of the big features that I liked was the On/Off switch on the remote, a rarity for Yamaha disc player remotes. Although it just puts the unit into Standby mode. Anyway, I have been extremely satisfied with the picture on this baby. Just watched Dark Blue last night, and it reminded me what a good job it does on movies. As for sound, with the Burr-Brown DAC's it's hard to beat with a 5 disc changer. You really get the best of both worlds with this player. I have never seen the 920 in person, so I cannot comment too much on it, but if the price difference is less than 2 bills, then I woudl definitely opt for the CX1. That baby will last you for many a year to come. Even if you upgrade to a better DVD player down the road (due to new technology), you'll still have a heck of a CD 5 disc changer, oh, and did I mention it will play DVD-A as well. Have not tested this feature, as my Elite DV45A handlse multi-channel. And, at 23 lbs., it will always serve a purpose even in 20 years, as a boat anchor...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.