AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone familiar with this Yamaha interlaced player? I have a Sony Wega analoq TV, so progressive scan isn't important, plus I am not really concerned about audio, since I will use the coax output to my receiver.

One additional question. The Yamaha site only specifies a 10 bit video Dac. A UK site states that it is 10 bit/54MHz, and a German site says it is 10 bit/27MHz. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Dave

·
Registered
463 Posts
dpaisley,

That player should feature a 10-bit/54Mhz video processor.

Here is a direct link to the Yamaha website for that machine:

http://www.yamaha.com/cgi-win/webcgi...D00010DVD-S530

That would be a fine player to use with your Sony Wega due to the fact that the Wega offers 3:2 pulldown.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Segaboy
dpaisley,

That player should feature a 10-bit/54Mhz video processor.

That would be a fine player to use with your Sony Wega due to the fact that the Wega offers 3:2 pulldown.
Thanks for the reply Segaboy, but I think you misunderstood me, (or I am misunderstanding you). My Sony Wega is analog, not digital, so no HD or progressive scan capabilities.

I checked a number of different international Toshiba sites, but all of them only specify that it is 10 bit video DAC, but not what MHz. I even downloaded the manual to check, but no luck.

Thanks,

Dave

·
Registered
56 Posts
dpaisley,

I had Yamaha S530 for three months and I was satisfied with it's quality and performance. Now I sold it, but only because I'm on a way to buy a lovely Sanyo Z1 projection unit and it has component video and progressive, which is not the option for S530 (only S-video interlaced).

Note, that Yamaha is not doing any DVD players by themselves - inside s530 body you will find European award winner Philips 723 with slightly improved audio circuit. Philips factory in Hungary doing this player under OEM contract with Yamaha.

And off course if you have Yamaha receiver (like me) it will be nice pair of matching design.

Picture is clear, drive is working quite and smooth. For three months no problems. I used optical cable for connection with my Yamaha 730 receiver.

Cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.