Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I just recently put together my first home theater and I'm having some problems getting the receiver setup.

My current setup is:

Tv: Samsung HLR5067

Receiver: Yamaha RX-V1500

DVD player: Sony DVP-NC665P 5 disc changer connected via component and optical (to the receiver).

Speakers: Axiom (c) VP150 , M22ti (surrounds), rear surrounds (QS8)

Subwoofer: SVS PB12-ISD

For some reason the receiver didn't come with the YPAO mic so I had to call the place I bought it from for them to order it for me from Yamaha. In the meantime, I got a Radio Shack SPL meter to calibrate everything. I've followed all of the instructions and everything seems to be working fine.

The problem comes when I try to watch a movie. I'll go to the audio setup and choose the Dolby Digital setting but the receiver never recognizes it. I'll manually change the receiver but I still only see the front left and front right speaker displayed on the little screen on the receiver. It's my understanding that the receiver should automatically detect which signal it's receiving and change the setting for you (I have the dvd setting set to autodetect on the receiver).

Then when I pop in a DTS movie and choose the DTS track, it'll automatically switch to DTS for me and everything sounds awesome (I also see all the correct speakers lit up on the little receiver screen). Then when I change back to

Dolby Digital the same problems arises again. For example, I'll have the volume set to -10.00db to see if the Dolby digital signal is working correctly. Then when I switch to DTS and leave the volume level at -10.00db it's just WAY loud and I have to turn it down. Obviously I'm not getting the dolby digital signal.

Since the DTS function seems to be functioning properly, I'm pretty sure all the speaker connections and everything is working fine. So I'm thinking there is some obscure setting that I'm missing on the receiver itself, I was hoping someone here with a Yamaha might be able to shed some light on this. But I've been playing with it and going through the setup process for 3 days now and I still can't solve the problem.

Also, I have the speakers set to small and the cross-over set to 80hz if that helps...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.