AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I`m not sure I`m starting the thread in the right place but the reason I do is... Jamo has been hated all over the forums.. the new Jamo products I mean, and I`m not sure why. I recently got the setup you see as a Title (I have no space for bigger speakers... probably i might upgrade to some Focal 705v... in the future but at the moment I am happy with what I have got (tight budget lol). Anyways, lets get to the point, the speakers I have are cheap, the amp is also cheap but the way it sounds to me... I`m amaized... and I have heard Martin Logan speakers paird with a Martin Logan Sub to an amp that said "Natural" at the front... it was all glass and a hibride one.. I mean it was amp with tubes and how do you say it conventional amp mixed together (sorry if i am talking like a complete noob the hi end stuff is something that i do not know that much about) also a NAD CD player.. and i listend to some Norah Jones.. that was 4-5 years ago... now I am listening to Norah Jones thru the setup that is in the Title and it sounds really clean.. and to be honest really good... the detail of the sound....  why are there so many people talking that Yamaha cheap amps are no good... and Jamo sucks? I know that cheap system is nothing like Martin Logan for 4 000$ a pair... but... it is still pretty good... It is like driving S-Class and saying that Ford Mondeo Sucks... yeah it sucks... compered to the S-Class... but it is pretty good compered to Opel Corsa... you get my point lol!

·
Registered
7,063 Posts
The Jamo speakers are obviously inexpensive, and their performance will be limited in certain ways.

If they sound good to you playing the kind of music you like, that is what is important.

I have a very expensive high-end system that can reproduce the dynamics of a grand piano playing classical pieces with huge dynamic swings with no noticeable distortion and complete realism.

99 out of 100 systems cannot do that, and to get that kind of performance and sonic purity it costs a lot.

But in playing a lot of my CDs, it is not critical to have that kind of system or performance to enjoy them.

I have a pair of the Dayton B652 speakers connected to a small Cambridge power amp at my 2nd home, and those $40 speakers sound decent for a lot of music.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Thank you! That was my point! For example I do like to listen to a lot of Hip-Hop/Rock/Jazz... and I`m pretty sure especialy for Hip-Hop/Rap (talking about the newer songs) there is not much quality even in the mix and instruments of these songs.... and also I listen to a lot of mp3`s... and that type of music source will probably sound terrible on your system witch can put out all the flaws in the source quality... Anyways this is my first system, and that is what I can afford at this point.. I`m 26 so I have a lot of time for future upgrades I guess!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts