AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I'm looking to buy a home theatre system, and would like as much advice as I can before I fork over $700-$800!

So, first things first, I live in Canada, and I do not want my budget to exceed $800!

I've been looking on newegg.ca and amazon.ca and have found some amazing prices... While the selection is limited, there's some good products on sale on newegg. Some might be refurbished, but this doesn't bother me at all.

I'd rather keep it local to avoid paying duty fees, however, if there's an american website that ships to Canada, since our dollar is strong, I'd be open to suggestions.

On newegg, there's two receivers that caught my eye... The HTR-5063, and RX-V567.

I've just started checking out receivers, so I don't know a whole hell of a lot... What are the differences? Anything major? Which would be the better buy...?

I'm thinking of just getting a central speaker, 2 bookshelf speakers (is that the right term?) and two floorstanding speakers.

The speakers I want from newegg are 120-150w, which surpasses the output of the receiver... There's nothing lower. Is that still do-able? or should I look at different speakers/different receiver?

Anyone got some time to give me a helping hand? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr0gd0r3 /forum/post/20902349

Hi!

I'm looking to buy a home theatre system, and would like as much advice as I can before I fork over $700-$800!

So, first things first, I live in Canada, and I do not want my budget to exceed $800!

I've been looking on newegg.ca and amazon.ca and have found some amazing prices... While the selection is limited, there's some good products on sale on newegg. Some might be refurbished, but this doesn't bother me at all.

I'd rather keep it local to avoid paying duty fees, however, if there's an american website that ships to Canada, since our dollar is strong, I'd be open to suggestions.

On newegg, there's two receivers that caught my eye... The HTR-5063, and RX-V567.

I've just started checking out receivers, so I don't know a whole hell of a lot... What are the differences? Anything major? Which would be the better buy...?

I'm thinking of just getting a central speaker, 2 bookshelf speakers (is that the right term?) and two floorstanding speakers.

The speakers I want from newegg are 120-150w, which surpasses the output of the receiver... There's nothing lower. Is that still do-able? or should I look at different speakers/different receiver?

Anyone got some time to give me a helping hand? Thanks in advance.

Have you checked out Costco?

·
Registered
29,304 Posts
The 5063 and 567 are the same receiver. One is a HTR model and the other RX-V. Just sold thru different channels.

Get whichever one cost less.

Don't worry about the power handling of the speakers. You probably wont use more than 25-50 watts anyway.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt
The 5063 and 567 are the same receiver. One is a HTR model and the other RX-V. Just sold thru different channels.

Get whichever one cost less.

Don't worry about the power handling of the speakers. You probably wont use more than 25-50 watts anyway.
So what does that mean exactly? Sold through different channels? What's the difference?

Does anyone have any suggestions for different ones?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.