AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My receiver is only playing the back two channels and I think it's playing the sub but not the center channel.

Any idea's? I have the receiver connected via optical to a WD LIVE with optical pass-through enabled.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had to go to channel B and I think I fixed it. My new issue is some of my movies won't play with sound because it's the in the wrong format. lol.. (I'm thinking about buying a much better receiver)

·
Registered
9,015 Posts
You should be able to get sound with any format that's on a disc. The 6130 lacks lossless decoders, but players will send lossy versions that your receiver can process. What movies can't you hear?

·
Registered
9,015 Posts
That receiver just does HDMI switching and doesn't process audio over HDMI. So, PCM is not a good approach. He must be using an optical or coax connection, which will always output usable audio.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIslander  /t/1468046/yamaha-htr-6130-not-playing-all-5-channels-please-help#post_23198912

That receiver just does HDMI switching and doesn't process audio over HDMI. So, PCM is not a good approach. He must be using an optical or coax connection, which will always output usable audio.

Thanks for the information on the Yamaha. I didn't realize it does hdmi video switching only. You're right in that lossy audio over optical or co-ax is the only way to go with this receiver

1 - 8 of 8 Posts