AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

My TV (LG LCD 42' Full HD) is connected to the HTR 6250 by HDMI, and the input source is STB via coax RCA Cable.

I have distortion & interference in this state, if i connect the STB directly to the TV i do not see any distortion & interference.

I tried as follows:

- changing the HDMI cable between the TV and the A/V

- changing the RCA cable between the STB and the A/V

- changing between all the Recviver HDMI resolution (the best result was 1080i).

Any one have idea what should i do next?

The receiver should improve my input (up-scale to 1080), but in practice i the image display is worse.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
The Yamaha HTR-6250/6260 have tested poorly with upconversion, especially from analog sources. You'll probably see better results just using your TV's upconversion abililty. This is why you do homework before buying a receiver...you find out what it's good at and what it's not good at and then decide if you can live with it! Not saying you didn't...sometimes people buy the new models before many tests and reviews have been done.

Personally, I pretty much watch only HD sources...but when it comes to standard def my TV does much better at cleaning up the picture. I think it's a good idea to invest more into a TV for it's 'video' performance and buy receivers for it's 'audio' performance....not the other way around.

I would just go straight to your TV with that source...so what if you have to click an extra button

1 - 3 of 3 Posts