AVS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe someone here can help me.

I've been searching here and everywhere to find out more about the Yamaha HTR 8063. Futureshop and BB sell it, but it's not even listed on Yamaha's website.

Does anyone know what this receiver is similar to? I assume this is just a rebranded RX-A2000 or something, but I don't want to guess.

I would greatly appreciate it if could be be pointed to the right thread or website with some info.

Trevor

·
Registered
3,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenpod /forum/post/19647708

It is a rebadged RX-V667.

More likely the HTR 8063 is a rebadged RX-V867...?!

Also look for minor differences related to 2nd/3rd zone capabilities and 12v triggers . . . although it's possible there may be none.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the quick responses. But it can't be an RX-V867.

With the 8063 there is 8 HDMI ins vs 6, 15 watt/channel difference, 2 zone audio/video out vs 2nd zone audio only.

Any other ideas?

·
Registered
12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundChex /forum/post/19647743

More likely the HTR 8063 is a rebadged RX-V867...?!

Also look for minor differences related to 2nd/3rd zone capabilities and 12v triggers . . . although it's possible there may be none.

My appologies I think you are correct. The HTR-6063 is identicle to the RX-V667.

·
Registered
3,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zagortenej /forum/post/19649218

Actually, Yamaha HTR8063B is a rebadged version of Yamaha RX-V1067. If you look at the Yamaha Canadian website, the back picture of Yamaha HTR8063B actually reads RX-V1067. Here is the review: http://www.whathifi.com/Review/Yamaha-RX-V1067/

Hope this helps.

Correct (although the RX-V1067 rear apron is probably just a beauty shot). The RX-V1067 is a non-USA 'quadrupedal' version of the RX-A1000.

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
I still wonder what the plate power rating means on an amp. Does it have a 620 VA transformer, in other words? Never found a reliable explanation.

I noticed that my XPA-3, supposedly possessing an 850 VA xformer, gives a 1500 watt power consumption in the manual. Which suggests a few possibilities, but is not really helpful to this discussion (and it lacks a UL plate on the back.)

·
Registered
206 Posts
To everybody that would like to know the truth.

Talked to a Yamaha tech from YAMAHA and it's a close brother to the RX-A1000.

Same caps, BB1789x4, tranformer is the same, same weight...

missing 5th leg and some other goodies. Sound wise it's very similar.

·
Registered
33 Posts
HTR 8063 subwoofer 2 icon "SW2" not showing

I have 2 subs connected to each sub pre-outs #1 & #2....However, the front display only shows SW1 when it should also show "SW2" as per the manual....anyone has this issue?...sound is coming out of both subs though.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I have this receiver. It's a good receiver, and that's a great price for it, but it is a 2010 model. I thought they sold out of them a few months ago.

Compared to the those two Denon is has a ton inputs though it lacks some more modern features like AirPlay.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.