AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielson99 /forum/post/17015055

Same thing, cosmetic changes or very minor alterations in order to use different model numbers. It's a marketing thing...don't worry about buying either version as they are basically identical.

Sure can't figure out anything from looking at the Yamaha website, that's for sure! Your answer is what I arrived at a few weeks ago. Looks like the marketing whizzes at Yamaha are sound asleep!

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
Yamaha explains this somewhere. Sometimes there have been minor differences. I think I saw one case where the HTR model did not have a 12v amp trigger.

Yamaha also explains that they will rate HTR receivers at 1 khz and V models from 20hz to 20khz.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
The classic difference between the higher end HTR and RX-V models was that the RX-Vs allowed manual adjustment of the parametric equalizer while the HTRs did not. Casual users who bought the HTR's never noticed; advanced users appreciated the RX-V's ability to tweak the default YPAO results. Pro and pro-am users with mics and measuring equipment got a seven channel, seven band per channel, 1/3 octave parametric equalizer with an additional two (now four) bands on the subwoofer channel on the RX-Vs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts